• Russ Bowlus

As noted, the game has been picked up by ESPN3.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Irvine's had a rough conference season, but this is still an important game for the Aggies--need to continue to work on turnovers, defensive intensity, and scoring contributions from the whole team, not just Morgan and Kourtney. Irvine is hoping that their team-wide shooting slump can come to an end, particularity Andee Ritter.

Morgan needs about 60 more points to move into 4th on the Big West career scoring list.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Is the ESPN stream working for anyone? It's skipping and jumping for me.

edit: ha, as I typed that, the screen went to "we are experiencing technical difficulties."
  • Russ Bowlus
    14-8 Aggies at the 1Q media timeout. Bit of a frenetic pace at the moment, but Irvine is not shooting well and Davis is limiting second chances.

Morgan with 7 already.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Kayla Konrad's a hustler, but she's still learning how to hustle and not foul. 2 PF with a minute left in the 1st Q.
  • Russ Bowlus
    18-19 Irvine after one. Morgan has 11 pts. Difference in the game at the moment is rebounding (Irvine) and free throws (also Irvine).
  • BlueGoldAg
    Anyone getting the live stream and have a link for it? ESPN3 says they're having technical difficulties.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Big West TV doesn't have it, since ESPN picked it up. I'm "watching" vis the stats feed: https://ucirvinesports.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not working for me either. Frustrating
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggie rebounders need to get in gear.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Tied up 31-31 at half. Morgan with 15, Hall and Song each with 6. Talbert the leading scorer for Irvine with 10.

Davis shooting slightly better from the field, but not getting as many trips to the line.

Aggies minimizing turnovers (only 3); however, allowing too many fast break points (7).
  • Russ Bowlus
    38-33 Aggies at the 3Q media timeout. Irvine's only points so far are from two FTs.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Garza with 4 PF for Irvine. Ritter with 3, as well.

edit: wow 4PF for Ritter with 1 min left in the 3rd.

edit edit: Bessolo with 4PF as well. Refs calling things pretty tightly.
  • Russ Bowlus
    46-38 Aggies after three. Aggie defense only allowed 7 points, very nice. Bertsch, Hall, and Song still the leading scorers for Davis at 21/8/8, respectively.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Irvine is airballing threes--pressing too hard.
  • Russ Bowlus
    55-38 at the 4th quarter media timeout. Irvine scoreless so far in the quarter--wow.

Bertsch has 26 pts and Hall has joined her in double figures with 10.

The Eatons each with 6 reb, and Bertsch with another 5.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Irvine scores with 3:42 remaining
  • Russ Bowlus
    63-44 final. Aggie defense allowed one (1) FG in the fourth quarter. Irvine scored six points total in teh quarter and 13 in the 2nd half. Wow.

Overall for the game, Aggies shot 46% to Irvine's 22%. Irvine was stone cold in the second half.

Aggies went 2-20 from deep (ouch!), but 11-13 from the line and had 40 points in the paint!

After being outrebounded for 2/3 of the game, Davis ended up winning the battle for the boards 40-34.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies found a way to win despite the 10% shooting from 3. They've been on fire from 3 lately but not today. Basketball can be a fickle game...
  • 69aggie
    Just finished the rerun. The Ags were very good on defense. Shot poorly. Got great stuff from Morgan. Won the game. Played very well overall. Good teams fight their way thru bad shooting to win. This team is on the cusp of being the best Aggie woman’s basketball team ever. And doing this after losing 3 of 5 starters is very impressive. I am a sentimental old father of daughters so when I see the Eaton twins on the court together playing so well- its an emotional thing for me. If I were the Eaton parents I would be living a dream.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This year's team has really come around after a very slow start. I think they still have to win in the post-season to be considered as good as last year's team. That team was special and they had some big wins in the WNIT. This year's team very good in their own way and they are really playing with confidence right now. I hope they keep it going.
  • 69aggie
    But to lose 3 of 5 very strong starters and then as a team turn it around after a half dozen games and hen to go almost undefeated since says something special is going on with this team and Coach Jen. They just find a way to win even if things aren’t going for them as was the case last night. Only great team chemistry and great coaching can make this happen. Not to complain, but the away announcers in this league have little or nothing good to say about this team, except an often lame whine that “we have no answer for Morgan”. Sad.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Coach will get the chance to rebuild all over next year, too.

Very encouraging to see contributions from the redshirts already (Konrad, Stobbart), plus Trpcic (D1 transfer from Albany) is eligible to play next year, and O'Toole and McKeown will each have a year "in the system."

edit: ditto on the away announcers--I've muted the broadcast on several occasions.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    coach Gross has this program humming along. I’d be shocked if we aren’t at/near the top of the BW next year. Quite a feet considering we lose 3 starters including the best player in program history.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I agree. :100:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!