• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will try and stop their 3 game skid when the surging Fullerton Titans come to the Pavilion tonight at 7 pm. Fullerton won the first game between these two schools just a week and a half ago 62-58 in Fullerton.

Beating the Titans will be no easy task. Fullerton features three of the best players in the Big West. Kyle Allman, Kahlil Ahmad and Jackson Rowe are all Pac12 caliber basketball players and, when if they get rolling on offense, they can put up points in a hurry.

The Ags will need to find their offense again after a dreadful shooting performance against Irvine on Thursday. They will also have to find a way to slow down Fullerton's exceptional wings. Irvine's quickness created lots of problems for us on Thursday and we'll see more of the same from the Titans.

Live online stream from Big West TV at 7 pm: http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=1894

Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    We generally assume that when a critical player, i.e. TJ, comes back from an injury all will be well, but in my experience, a well honed team requires some time before they can mesh well again, even if it has not been that long a break. I hope that after the last loss to UCI, the Ags will be back in rhythm. It would be great if Siler can play as well as we know he is capable of playing. His play was noticably poor against the Anteaters
  • Russ Bowlus
    27-25 Aggies at the half. Stars of the game so far for Davis are Gonzales (9pts on three 3-balls) and Goode (5 blocks!). Aggies still shooting poorly, but playing excellent defense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies in teh bonus with 13 minutes to go in the game.
  • Russ Bowlus
    45-37 Aggies at the media timeout. Mooney the leading scorer for the Aggies, with 10, and TJ leading the rebounding and assist columns.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies in the double bonus already.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Gotta make the shots, of course. :meh:
  • Russ Bowlus
    51-44 Aggies at the 2nd half media timeout. No change in the leading scorer, rebounder, or assister for the Aggies.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Broadcast noting that the Aggies have 16 pts off turnovers--defense driving offense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    56-50 with 3:24 to go. Shorts, Schneider, and Mooney all in double figures. Need to keep playing solid defense and making shots.
  • Russ Bowlus
    No change in teh score with 2:29 to go. Davis in a 2-minute scoring drought, but the same for Fullerton.
  • Russ Bowlus
    58-54 with a minute and a half to go. Fullerton in the bonus.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Fullerton shooting FTs with 59 secs left, make both 58-56 UCD.
  • Russ Bowlus
    TJ makes a FG in the lane, puts UCD back up 4: 60-56 with 33 left.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Fullerton misses a 3; Gonzales comes down with the defensive rebound. BIG.

UCD takes a great timeout to escape a trap in the backcourt. 60-56 with 20 secs left; Aggie ball.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Fullerton fouls and sends Shorts to the line. He makes both: 62-56 with 20 ticks left.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Fullerton comes down and makes a 3; then fouls on the inbound. Shorts make both: 64-59 with 6 ticks left.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Schneider with the steal and a cherry layup on the win!

66-59 Final.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Shorts leads the Aggies in points (18), rebounds (8), and assists (5).
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good win. Not sure it’s going to matter too much in the seeding but it’s good to get some confidence back. Good defense tonight
  • 69aggie
    A question or two. Are Underwood, Fuller and Squires redshirting? I don’t see them in any games.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Squire and Fuller each got minutes in tonights game (6 and 2, respectively). Dunno about Underwood.
  • BlueGoldAg
    None of those players are redshirting. Underwood redshirted last year and rarely sees any playing time. I think Squire and Fuller have played in too many games this year to be eligible for redshirting.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice rebound by the Aggies tonight after their disappointing performance against Irvine. Outstanding defense the whole game by everyone. TJ, Siler and Garrison all played really well.
  • Toke69
    I wasn't able to watch the game, but judging from the box score, the Ags did a nice job defensively, holding Fullerton's scoring duo of Allman and Ahmad to 12/28 on field goal attempts. Can someone who saw it, add anything to my speculation?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags defense was very active tonight. Goode has 5 blocks in the first half which I think tied the Aggie record for blocks in a game. Allman (I think) I got by Mooney several times in the second half, but in general the Ags did a good job of limiting the big 3 from Fullerton. There always seemed to be an Aggie hand in their faces. On offense the biggest thing was getting into the bonus early in the second half and then hitting foul shots. Tj had more free throws by himself than csuf had as a team. This team struggles late in games because it doesn’t have a closer like Lemar or Hawkins in the past. Tj tries but is sometimes limited because of his outside shot. But tonight he was able to drive and draw fouls.

Overall a good solid win. It’d been very nice to win out and get the confidence high going to Anaheim
  • BlueGoldAg
    Oldbanduhalum summed it up nicely. The Aggie defense was a thing of beauty. CSUF got a few uncontested shots but probably less than 5 the entire game. Siler made several clutch plays on defense and scored some critical baskets too. Gonzalez hit three 3's in the first half to help keep us close but neither team shot well from beyond the arc.

I thought this was a gut-check win by the Aggies. It wasn't pretty from an offensive viewpoint but it goes in the W column.
  • DrMike
    Big w. If we lose that one, we had no chance for a top 4 finish (not that seeds matter too much as long as you’re not 8). Also after being swept last year v Fullerton, we really needed a win to get some confidence vs them. I didn’t watch but it looked like our defense rose up. Outscored them 20-2 off turnovers! Good night of FT shooting, but still struggling from the ARC.

What a log jam from 3 to 7 in the standings. Hawai’i will be tough but I like our chances at home, and should beat UCR. Finish 9-7? That would be solid
  • 69aggie
    I am surprised that Underwood is not seeing a lot more time. His JC stats were good I thought. Fuller and Squires probably just need some seasoning.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Squires is getting regular time. Not much because he comes in for TJ. But his defense is very good for a freshman, he has a decent outside shot and has shown he can get to the basket. He’s still learning but he’ll be a good contributor next year, probably a starter. Fuller was getting time but that has stopped during the BW. He’s going to have to rework his jump shot (way too flat) and play quicker but he is young and athletic. Underwood hasn’t seen any time other than some clean up minutes. He’s big and athletic but he needs to work on his footwork. When I’ve seen him on the court he plays defense with his hands and not his feet. He may get his chance next year as we don’t have much height coming back. All three appear to be quality teammates, supporting the guys that are getting more minutes. Keep working and their times will come.
  • abridge
    Here are a bunch of images from the game: CSU Fullerton vs UC Davis men
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!