• BlueGoldAg
    Delvion Jackson is a high character young man. It's too bad that things didn't work out for him here at UCD. I wish him well wherever his journey takes him next.

8lhs75u4ajdci672.png

https://twitter.com/delveionjackson
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I’m certainly disappointed that we can’t watch Delvion grow on the court, but I do hope he excels wherever he ends up.
  • zythe
    I didn’t follow him too much, but what was the issue with him?

Thanks.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I’m not sure. He was a good recruit out of Idaho and got some (minimal) time as a true freshman last year. Kind of reminds me of Fuller this year. Someone who clearly has the talent but needs to adapt to D1 speed. I was looking forward to how he developed but for whatever reason he wasn’t on the roster to start the season. Les can be a demanding and vocal coach so maybe the style just didn’t fit. We’ve lost several freshman over the years (couple of big guys last year) so it’s not too unusual.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jackson is a very strong, athletic player but, like Oldbanduhalum stated, he didn't seem comfortable on the floor when he did get a few minutes last year. He had a bit of the "deer in the headlights" look about him and it could be that he simply didn't respond well to Coach Les' style but that pure speculation.

I see something similar happening with Caleb Fuller this year. He seemed to lose confidence as the early season progressed and was finally relegated to the bench. He's a big, strong player as well but so far his season hasn't gone as many fans had hoped it would.
  • DrMike
    his was an odd situation; he never showed up this season on the roster so it wasnt like he was going through a traditional red-shirt. looking through his twitter (not something i normally do), it looked like he was tight with many members of the team, including staff. sounds like a good kid, and he showed signs of being a quality player -> hope it all works well for him. he's having a good exit, so i think Les and company will help him find a good spot to continue his career.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!