• DrMike
    Ags hope to keep rolling and avenge the REALLY bad loss on the Island. After that game, we were 1-4 in BWC -> today we are 7-7, so a nice turnaround kick started by Les' lineup shakeup. Its interesting to look at the boxscore from that game. We had 18 turnovers, and allowed the Rainbows to 56%. Both of those are areas we have done much better in the recent run. We also got 16 from John on 6-9 shooting (4-7 from 3), which is the last good shooting game he's had. Mooney, Silar and Gonzalez were a combined 3-20 (1-11 from 3's). It would be nice to get a nice contribution from AJ, and get something resembling their recent performance from the other 3 (although Mooney slumped last week).

We play Hawaii well at home, so I'm hoping we get this one and follow it up with a win over Riverside. Not sure what a 9-7 record gets us in the seeding, but that would be quite a turnabout from 1-4.
  • Toke69
    Hawaii suffered an injury very much the way UC Davis lost TJ. The starting point guard, Drew Buggs, hurt his ankle, missed two games and only got back into action last week. Hawaii's coach has stressed interior defense, which has been weak lately, but I don't know that he'll be that concerned about the Aggies interior offense. On the other hand, Hawaii does a good job of perimeter defense, so if the Ags are going to win, I think they need to have good ball movement around the outside. It would be great if Schneider, Mooney, and Gonzalez can all get hot at once, which I don't think has happened this season.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!