• Gunrock47
    The Aggie women have been steamrolling the Big West the last few weeks. Bertsch is best player the school has ever seen and the Eaton twins have been unstoppable from beyond the three-point arc. Aggie bench is so, so deep with Bessolo, McKeown, Song and Stobbart as capable scoring threats and last two games reserve guard Toole has been knocking stuff down. If they stomp the BWC in the tourney and get a first-round game vs an opponent that's not Stanford or a top-4 seed, they might have a chance to make a little run. Thoughts?
  • Russ Bowlus
    Current ESPN bracketology has the Aggies as a 15 now, projected to play against Megan Gustafson and Iowa. WTF. That said, I'm sure that the Big West and the Aggies are an afterthought for ESPN.

College Insider rankings come out late Tuesday. NCAA RPI is up to 82.

Definitely need a strong run through the BWT.

I have the same feeling--if they got a reasonable seeding (like out of the teens), they could make some noise.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I've watched very good Aggie teams go down to Anaheim and look like they've never played ball before, so I'm not assuming any outcome in the BWT.

But...if we do play to our capabilities and come out on top, than I think our NCAAT chances largely depend on how the selection committee views us. As Russ just pointed out, the current ESPN bacteriology has us as a 15 seed playing at Iowa. Seems like we'd be more likely to play down in Stanford than all the way out in Iowa. Regardless, if we stay a 15 seed, we'll be hard pressed to make it through the first round. Not only are we likely to play a west coast major power, but we'll probably have to face them in their house (@Stanford, @Oregon, or @Oregon St.) That's a huge mountain for any team. Speaking as a fan, though, it feels like one of these days, we are going to take that next step and beat a high ranked team. Maybe this year???
  • Russ Bowlus
    I've watched very good Aggie teams go down to Anaheim and look like they've never played ball before, so I'm not assuming any outcome in the BWT.

Unfortunate, but accurate.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    The pressure of being the #1 seed seemed to get to the team the last two years. They will get pushed again this year, whether it's from Faulker at CSUN, or a Hawaii team that at least knows they can beat us, some team will step up. We will need to respond to that pressure together and with confidence. To many times the last two years, when the balls that usually go in rim out and the other team is on fire, we responded by playing tight and desperate.
  • Russ Bowlus
    They had some lapses like that during the conference season and were able to play out of them, so I'm hopeful.
  • oldschool
    As good as this team has been playing, I don't see them losing a game in the BW tourney. Other teams must be looking up at us wondering how they can possibly compete. This team has sure come a long way since the beginning of the season!
  • Zander
    The tape must be harrowing. Double team Morgan inside? Well now the best PG in the conference is going to start firing away from three. Somehow shut Kourtney down? Good luck with that, because there's a genetically identical copy of her on the floor too.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think I saw where the twins are 1-2 in the conference in 3pt percentage. And Bessalo is 4th. Pretty darn amazing
  • abridge
    As I've watched the women evolve over the season I see a team that has learned to put their adversaries down and not let them up again. They learned at Hawai'i what happens when you let off the gas. Over the past half-dozen games our scoring has become more distributed, our defense more formidable, and our bench deeper. I like this team a lot. It will take a wretched shooting performance and a major defensive implosion for the Ags to lose. That can happen, but I don't see it as likely. The team is healthy and they've learned how to win.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!