• DrMike
    I won’t be shocked to see Irvine win. They have multiple scorers, defend very well and are very well coached
  • BlueGoldAg
    Turner is a great coach. He recruits high character players who have have high basketball IQ's similar to the players that Les likes to recruit but he will go after more bigs than Les does. He stresses defense like Les does but he has players who are serious offensive threats and create their own shot off the dribble too. We need players who have that kind of offensive ability and consistency. Of course, Shorts was the exception for us this year.

The problem I see now though is that we have no returning players who have demonstrated that they can be consistent on offense on a game to game basis. Mooney and Gonzalez have shown they can score but not with consistency game to game and Neufeld is developing offensively but he has trouble staying out of foul trouble and on the floor. I certainly hope some of new recruits can provide some offensive firepower for us.
  • zythe
    Whatever happened with Chima kind of messed us up a little.
  • Toke69
    This post on ESPN implies that UC Irvine is the best men's basketball team in California: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26333591/meet-uc-irvine-california-top-college-basketball-team . If they can beat Oregon on Sunday, that implication will be more like a certainty.
  • agalum

Good for UCI. I hope they go the distance.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think they can beat Oregon and make it to the Sweet 16. They are a solid team in all aspects of the game. Teams with agile, athletic bigs can make it tough for them but Turner threw an effective zone at K State and that worked well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I saw where Obama even had them winning over K State in his bracket picks. He knows his hoops!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Everyone I talked with had Irvine going to the round of 32 if not the Sweet 16. I’d be curious as to the percentages on ESPN, Yahoo, etc. This wasn’t a shocker.
  • DrMike
    Especially with Wade out. Irvine’s zone really was effective against them
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!