• BlueGoldAg
    Sophomore Brooke Yanez pitched a perfect game today in a 4-0 win over Sac State. It is the first perfect game by an Aggie in nearly 25 years. The last perfect game on record was on March 1, 1993, by Julie in a 10-0 run-rule game over San Francisco State. Yanez threw 93 pitches and struck out 10 batters. The Aggies improved to 18-4 on the season.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/3/12/softball-perfection.aspx?path=softball
  • Zander
    Incredible. Does 18-4 make this the best softball season in a while? I remember them struggling when I was a student.

A renovated stadium and promise of a new athletics center two blocks away probably helps a bit with recruiting.
  • Goags20172
    I saw an Aggie softball no- hitter as a student. It was hardly celebrated at all. You would've thought it was just any other game. I forget her name, but the pitcher was one of two good- looking redheads. Sac State just threw a no- hitter the other day.
  • Goags20172
    I don't think they even started this well the year they won the Division II national championship (2003)
  • 69aggie
    Brooke is apparently like a Sandy Koufax. She cannot be hit when she is on fire like the great Sandy. I was at the Stick and saw Sandy throw curveballs that the Catcher could not often even catch. Great guy too.
  • GoAgsSB
    Brooke was named the NCAA Division I Pitcher of the Week by the NFCA (the softball coach’s association), College Sports Madness and by FastPitch News in addition to winning the Big West Pitcher of the Week award.
    For the week she was:
    3-0 0.00 ERA 3 hits allowed 26k 19 innings pitched and threw a perfect game against Sac St.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!