• movielover
    But will their children get enrolled with a 2.8 GPA?
  • zythe
    They’ll be on the soccer team for a year...
  • 72Aggie
    And sometimes just on the roster, not even on the team.
  • AggieOutcast
    My personal thought on this is that the name "Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum" should be left alone. There is simply way too much history and tradition with that name. Of course, I use what I call the Cassius Clay analogy when it comes to stadium and arena name changes, calling the venues by their current name since not too many people would call a person by his or her former name it he or she changed it. As I mentioned, I don't think people would've kept calling Muhammad Ali by his former name (Cassius Clay). It doesn't matter if it's a sponsored name. For example, I call Sonoma Raceway by that name, even though the place has been known as Sears Point and Infineon. The LA Coliseum, however, is one name I am adamant about keeping in place. If United Airlines wants to keep its sponsorship in place, I would've suggested "Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at United Airlines Field." Similar to what the University of Washington has with its football stadium, Husky Stadium at Alaska Airlines Field. For the record, I have called the Kings' former home Arco/Sleep Train Arena (despite the fact that Sleep Train has been renamed Mattress Firm) since they moved to the Golden 1 Center and I'll be coming to UC Davis Health Stadium in late September for the Aggies' football game against Montana.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!