• Goags20172
    Who knew that it would be the less- used pitchers that would collectively turn in the best UCD pitching performance of the year. Six pitchers who now have a collective ERA of 7.60 pitched a three- hit shutout facing the same team against whom the more frequently used pitchers blew a big lead and lost to a few weeks ago.

The six were Hannah, Wieser, Meredith (making his collegiate debut), Justin Smith, Lemos, and Andres Lara. Hannah got the win after pitching 3 perfect innings in a pre- determined start. I guess Vaughn has come to the conclusion that hitters are good at making adjustments versus Blake the 2nd time through the order. That's what happened in Santa Clara. He started that one with three scoreless too.

What's also impressive is UCD won despite only getting extra- base hit, Conner Longrie's two- run pinch-hit double in the 8th. He seems to be doing well with the opportunities he's been given.

Here's something that shocked me: Long Beach is only 3- 23 this year after CAL swept them over the weekend, and none of the games were close. The 49ers might be a really good3- 23 team though. They have played a ridiculously difficult schedule, at least 4 teams ranked in the top 25, and those were weekend games.
  • Goags20172
    Whoops ! Apparently that wasn't Meredith's first appearance.

Here's a weird coincidence. Fresno State has a first baseman whose last name is Presno. This beats the time Sac State had an outfielder surnamed Davis.
  • Goags20172
    Never mind. The gametracker made me think it wa s his 2nd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!