• 69aggie
    Thanks RB. Maybe when you have the time you could tell me how you do this. Obviously copying the whole article is not going to work per movie. I know how to email an article but not how to do what you did. My brother-in-law was a teacher at Santa Rosa HS when Morgan was playing there and he was a big WBB fan and had to attend many games as a monitor (I think you call it that). He says that Morgan was good in HS, but he never thought she would ever be good enough to go on to college BB, much less the WNBA. But Jen spotted something special. That point, I think is stressed, in this article. And, in the TV interview Morgan thanks Jen for coaching her through this very successful developmental process and Jen praises Morgan for her work ethic and strenuous effort to improve and then excel. Great combination. Great result. Recruits might want to read this article.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I just copied the URL from the address bar in my browser and pasted it. :)
  • 69aggie
    Well good but they didn’t get the major right. Not “biochemistry” but I will forgive. I do now wonder how we got Megan Jones. Do we have a basketball contact in the UK? We got Fuller and now Jones out of the UK. Maybe it’s just that Jen is now so well known internationally that we can get these great players.
  • Russ Bowlus
    IMG_5153.jpg

Wings are putting up daily recaps of their training camp on Twitter and their website.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Excerpt from an interview with Morgan:

WHAT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST ADJUSTMENTS THAT YOU HAVE HAD TO MAKE FROM PLAYING AT UC DAVIS TO THE WNBA?

"They're actually playing me at the '3' which is, obviously, a huge adjustment after playing the '5' for my entire Aggie career. Just spending most of my time out on the perimeter, having to come off ball screens instead of being the one setting it, and on the defensive end, trying to guard people on the perimeter instead of down low, trying to figure out ball screen defense, and trying to figure out how to navigate down screens.

"Then, there's adjusting to the fact that you're playing against some of the best players in the entire world. Some of these women have been at this level for 10 years, they're a lot more comfortable in this situation than I am, they know what to expect, and what that competition level is like. Playing against some of the best in the entire world is a huge opportunity and really cool to say that's something I get to do every day."

More here: https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/5/15/womens-basketball-spreading-her-wings.aspx
  • Russ Bowlus
    Waived yesterday, per Wings twitter. Dang. :(

Well, finish up her classwork and check out the Euro scene?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wished it would have worked out for Morgan but I'm not surprised after reading her interview about how things were going. I think it was very tough for her to be playing only as a 3 on the perimeter after playing mostly as a post with her back to the basket here. Her perimeter game really improved in her senior year but her strength was always her quick, inside game utilizing her amazing spin moves. She can still have a great experience playing in Europe and doing very well there and I wouldn't rule out the WNBA completely for her yet.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Wow, the Wings waived Gustafson, too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a surprise. The competition level must be off the charts.
  • 69aggie
    Wow. Megan Gustafson Big Ten player of the year and Morgan Bertch Big West player of the year both waived by the Dallas Wings. BGA is right on, too much completion at the WNBA level for these great players, especially when you try and move a 5 player to a 3 position they have never played in their entire careers. Dallas drafting moxie not so good????
  • Russ Bowlus
    Dallas also got three new players in a trade, so they had a pretty full roster.
  • Zander
    Morgan just got profiled on the Sac ABC station -- I'm guessing as sort of a year of sports in review segment. Nice interview clips with her and Coach Gross from earlier in the year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I believe that Morgan is the leading scorer on the professional team she plays on in Moscow, Russia.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!