• Goags20172
    And of course they won yesterday 6- 4.

Great pitching today. Spillane throws a lot of strikes, but he doesn't throw real hard yet so when he makes mistakes they get punished. He went 7 and gave up both runs on 7 hits. One of those runs was a gift from the umpire. With two outs in the 4th he had the clean- up hitter struck out but the umpire whiffed on the call and the guy hit the next pitch over the right field fence. The other run scored on what I'd say was a delayed steal. The runner on first was just buying time for the lead runner to swipe home. He did, but that wasn't a bad play for the Aggies really. They did get the trailing runner. If they ignored the guy that run could've scored anyway on a ground ball or fly out+ there would still be a runner in scoring position.

Wyatt Tucker (first time I've seen him) entered in the eighth, gave up a lead- off walk, then retired the side on two grounders to first sandwiched around a strikeout.

The Aggie bats came alive in the 8th. To that point UCD had one hit, a bunt single by Briggs. Briggs added another with 1 out. With two outs Spencer Gedestad singled and Colton Evans ran for him. Tanner Murray then doubled to right scoring Briggs, but Evans held up at third. The Dirtbags changed pitchers Cooper Morrison then hit a grounder to the second baseman that should have been the third out, but he dropped it trying to pre- maturely make the exchange. Both runners scored. A good LBSU team doesn't make errors like that, but this one is 8- 32, so they do. Yes, the Dirtbags have played several Top 25 teams + managed a couple wins. However, hanging in there with top teams is supposed to mean you can beat lesser teams more frequently. It hasn't been true. Hope the Beach got a lot of money for their program for acting as a punching bag for the likes of Florida + Ole Miss.

I was telling the guy near me they might as well leave Tucker in. Pitching a scoreless inning he's as good a bet as snyone else. Tucker rewarded my faith (actually Vaughn's) with a 1- 2- 3 ninth, striking out the last guy swinging for the finishing touch.

Nice to see a win. The Aggies had lost the last 4 I attended. I credit the win to superstition. I try to never wear UCD stuff to a UCD game. I can't remember the last time they won when I did. Other college t- shirts sometimes do the trick. In 2016 a Portland State t- shirt ruined Portland's reign of terror. Yeah, it gets funny looks, but why does everyone have to wear the same school's stuff anyway ? Do we need walking advertisements for the place we are currently located ?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!