• NCagalum
    “we asked to talk to members of the band but the university (supreme leader of the people’s Republic) would not allow us.”
  • NCagalum
    And whoever does the music needs to get rid of the piped in music and let the band play. It's COLLEGE football, not the NFL

Amen brother.
  • agalum
    Love my alma mater, but Ive seen total dysfunctional upper administrators. The band UH situation is a perfect example. Most of these people have never been in private enterprise. They wont make a decision, but need to form a committee to analyze the situation, spend a bunch of money, then loose the forest in the trees.
  • fugawe09
    I’ve come to conclusion that Emily Galindo is incompetent and should be removed immediately. Gary May is down several notches in my book for continuing to promote her. She was hired as a secretary in the 80s and was continually promoted because the person ahead of her retired. Several promotions with no relevant education, through she later got a mail order MBA. Not a PhD and never a teacher. Reminds me of Celeste Rose. Also claims on LinkedIn she’s been vice chancellor for 34 years, because why proofread when you’re important. Researching her, I believe she is afraid of student and alumni leaders. The band scared her but not as much as the activist complainant. Nuke one and placate the other to sweep any problems under the rug for at least 2 or 3 years so she can max out her retirement at VC level, protect whatever legacy she thinks she has, and then when the unsolved problems re-emerge she’s retired and can let the news blame it on the next person.
  • agalum

Absolutely agree on May. I think he is good for athletics, but he could have engineered a reasonable plan for the banduh that could have resolved the issues and improved a variety issues. Frankly, in spite of a few misguided moves, Katehi was the better Chancellor. Sac bee basically crucified her.
  • 69aggie
    I mostly agree with the 2 prior posts. Katehi was an excellent chancellor who hired good people but had a knack for making enemies who just wanted her scalp. When the Bee smelled blood it was all but over for her. Her best hire ever was Hexter. He has kept the ship righted ever since her departure and now he is sadly moving on. For May the jury is still out. He seems pretty OK so far, but he has had Hexter to keep him on point thus far. When he goes, who knows. If Hexter gets to pick his successor (which he gently hinted at in his release) we will be OK. On Galindo it seems she has a lot of political insulation, but this “minor” scuffle with the band has tarnished her a bit. She is “interim” and I dont see her in a permanent role due this whole fiasco. The students should way in on this as she is supposed to be their protector. Just IMHO.
  • NCagalum
    whatever they call them it is still the Cal Aggie Band-uh to me. Regarding administrators-it is genuflecting to PC gods as with most Universities these days. “Safe places” over competency.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!