• BlueGoldAg
    From an Enterprise article by Owen Rancher...

* Sacramento State women’s basketball coach Bunky Harkleroad screaming “How do we stop them?” at his bench midway through an eventual 109-60 loss to the Aggies in which Morgan Bertsch netted a UCD single-game record 40 points.

I almost choked on the cheeseburger I’d gotten from the Sac State snackbar, I was laughing so hard.

Bertsch had scored 10 points in less than six minutes as UCD’s offense stupefied Harkleroad’s hoopsters. The animated coach sat silent on the bench most of the fourth quarter.

He’d completely lost control.

Four of his players, including one of the NCAAs top scorers, Hannah Friend (19.1 points per game), transferred to different schools at the end of the season.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/owen-yancher-the-little-things-that-stood-out/
  • Oldbanduhalum
    “How do we stop them?” Well, play good solid fundamental defense seems like the first option. There was probably no way to actually stop the Ags last year, given the level of talent on the two respective squads, but giving us wide open lay up after lay up was probably not the best coaching strategy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!