• Oldbanduhalum
    Just a few things have hit recently that I don't think have been brought up.

Copying from the big west board, here is the start of the OOC schedule:

Loyola-Chicago 11/5 (tweet just says VS but I'm assuming it's in Chicago)
    at New Mexico TBD
    11/19 at Sacramento State
    11/26 at Cal

I assume the Sac St game is at the Golden One. Usually that is held the week of Thanksgiving, but it looks like its a week earlier.

Malcolm Johnson is no longer listed on verbal commits as committed. Looks like we are set with the 7 additions that have been announced.

Damion Squire had a good run with the Canadian U19 team at the FIBA world championships, averaging 8 pts on 45% shooting, with 3 assists and 2 rebounds. His complete stats can be found HERE

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I thought the Hardwood Showcase that we played in last year that included games at Indiana and Arkansas was a 2 year deal but it doesn't appear that that we play either of those teams this year. Neither of those teams have us on their 2019-20 schedule.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We might get return trips from UT Arlington and Texas A&M CC as part of the classic. Maybe.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you may be right about that and I'm not sure Indiana and Arkansas have completely finalized their schedules yet. This following is from an article about last year's Hardwood Showcase:

While the Hoosiers will play Arkansas in 2019-20, they will still have home nonconference games against three of the four remaining teams in the event between Montana State, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, UC-Davis and UT-Arlington.

https://www.insidethehall.com/future-indiana-basketball-schedules/

It sure would be nice to have a decent OOC home schedule this year. We are typically road heavy in the OOC games with only 5 or 6 home games and William Jessop and Holy Names are often two of them.
  • movielover
    Bay Area teams?

Pretend late banquet?
  • eastcoastag
    As for conference games
    @ Long beach 1-15
    return game 2-28
  • Oldbanduhalum
    New Enterprise article HERE. Some highlights:

• "Gone are first-string, back-court mates T.J. Shorts and Siler Schneider, frontline reliables A.J. John and Garrison Goode and reserves Jonah Underwood and Colin Russell." ***Not sure this is accurate about Underwood. I haven't seen anything about him leaving.
    • "UCD has men like fourth-year bombardier Rogers Printup, second-season swingman Caleb Fuller plus guards Damion Squire, Gio Nelson, Stefan Gonzalez and Cameron Ba back in the fold." ***He lists Nelson as returning, which we know isn't correct as he's already transferred to a JC, but he doesn't list Shaw as returning.
    • "sharpshooter Joe Mooney and paint prowler Matt Neufeld figure to be two big pieces of the Aggie puzzle."
    • Loyala-Chicago game will be in Chicago, and we welcome Loyola Marymount and Northern Illinois to Davis (good home games for the Ags!). Add @Utah and @USF. Shaping up to be a good OOC.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This was a great group:

• eastcoastag
    According to The D1 Docket we have a home game with Northern Arizona. No date
  • Oldbanduhalum
    That's interesting. We hosted NA last year so I would have thought we owe them a trip to their place.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Men's roster is updated HERE
  • BlueGoldAg
    16 players listed so I believe someone must redshirt. Jonah Underwood is on the roster so the Enterprise article may not be accurate about him leaving.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah, and so is Shaw, so the enterprise had some of the details wrong.

I would guess that at least 2 players red-shirt, maybe 3. Adebayo seems the most likely. Not sure about the rest. Big guys are sometimes red-shirted not because they don't have the talent but you'd rather have the player at age 23 after his body has fully developed than at 18. I think I also read that Murphy is on the younger side for a freshman so it wouldn't surprise me if he sits and works out a year. Of course, we need size, so who knows.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversion!