• tokyoag
    Well we all know what “UCD” stands for! “Under Construction Daily!” :wink:

All jokes aside, I think this is pretty neat! Way to go Ags!
  • fugawe09
    New construction is great and I imagine funded by bonds. But they need to find a way to take care of the existing facilities too. Seems like renovations are usually driven by seismic or ADA only. Peeling paint, burned out lights, worn carpet and filthy restrooms everywhere.
  • movielover
    New lecture halls, too.

Open space, green lush lawns being gobbled up.
  • 69aggie
    Fug, where are the “filthy restrooms”? I something’s stop off of I80 for a quick tour of the campus and maybe a RR stop. I have mostly been impressed with the cleanliness of the restrooms. Albeit, these are the ones at the Alumni Center, Genome Center, i.re . The public ones. I recall the RRs at King Hall were a mess by the end of the day, but they served 600 kids multiple times a day! Hard to keep those clean. RRs at Aggie Stadium were very good on games days. Also, peeling paint? Where?
  • Zander
    Wellman's restrooms were below average, same for Rosseler (spelling?) And pretty much any older class building. The public ones tend to be in decent shape, sure, but overall my average grade for campus bathrooms was about a B.

I can't recall how bad the paint was but some of the Surge buildings and other prefab buildings were in pretty bad shape. I agree with the general assessment that some of the newer buildings are really nice but there are a lot that are way past their primes.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I’ll take a B average restroom over a gas station restroom, yikes
  • movielover
    I visited the new MU ... no fireplace ... and the bathroom I used for decades is now a Transgendered bathroom.

Had to walk to the opposite end, near the bookstore, for the new men's restroom.

Old Coffee House location still sad and lonely ... and I thought they were supposed to bring back The Pub to the MU!? Nope.
  • fugawe09
    As far as restrooms that are down there with the ARCO station in cleanliness and/or vandalism - Wyatt Pavilion/Deck, Everson, Death Star lower level, South Silo. My experience is that MU and lecture hall buildings start the day passable, but by midday are hit and miss on paper and by evening are flooded with a quarter inch of water that you don't want to think about. Even in newer office buildings like Plant Sciences, there is just a buildup of grime in the corners. It's clear they they do the old mop and wipe with some brackish mop water a few times a week but are not doing periodic deep cleans where you bring in the 1200psi steam guns. Then there are some like Wickson that are clean enough but ancient with urinals way closer than modern etiquette approves of. Heck, I hosted an event at Putah Creek Lodge and it still has the trough urinal situation. Ice block available for extra charge. I hosted another event at the Alumni Center and after it got dark discovered only about half the lights worked in the atrium. The host said it had been a problem as long as she had worked there.
  • AggieFinn
    This doesn't even include the bridge widening I'm involved with daily on the South side of campus at La Rue and Arboretum.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!