• movielover
    Another icon bites the dust.

RedRum
    The Grad
    Blake's
    Mr. B's
    AJ Bumps
  • 69aggie
    I Wonder why Bob Dunning has not commented (to my knowledge) on these developments. He emailed me that he would “look into this Grad deal” and he never got back to me. This would seem right up his alley. My guess on the Grad situation was that he may have known the owners and it was just too hot to handle for him. But these other closings? Are we watching the gentrification of Davis before our eyes? I know the DE is not staffed like it once was, but Gees, this is a big story in my view. Then we have the big senior developments going up on the periphery of town (seniors love college towns); and the rising rents in the downtown- Avid Reader for sale. This could be a very good thesis subject for an urban planning major. BD is abdicating his once proud role as the Davis “muckraker”. Get with it Bob!
  • movielover
    Dunning likely busy holding down the fort, column, children and Aggie football.
  • agalum
    Years ago there was a competition for the re-naming Murder Burger. The person who came up with Redrum Burger won "burgers for life." I wonder if there was a breach of contract clause :).
  • movielover
    I only went there a couple of times as a student. The Grad, Mr. Bs and The Pub were so central.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nation's Giant Hamburgers is gone also. I used to be able to eat one of those with a heap of fries and and shake and not gain an ounce. I'd gain 3 pounds by morning if I ate like that today! Getting old sucks!
  • DrMike
    lets not forget the Westlane Drive-in!
  • movielover
    Or the Toomey snack shack.
  • DrMike
    Besides Fluffy Donut, do any of the iconic places exist? Iconic is a nice way of not identifying places from my days as ‘old as dirt ‘
  • movielover
    Will Fluffy's survive the new housing complex?

Plainfield Station, which I never went to as a student.

Hiw is the Pub near Mrak in? (Gunrock Pub?)
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not sure it qualifies as "Iconic" but Woodstock's, which has been around since the early '80s, is still going strong. The downtown Baskin-Robins has been around a long time, as has the Varsity Theater, though it has undergone several renovations throughout the years.
  • AggieFinn
    Great deep fried mushrooms...an order of that and a classic cheeseburger. Nice selection of flavored, real milk shakes. Sorely going to miss that place.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!