• 69aggie
    Men’s has been out for weeks. Way too late for any new additions and probably same for departures. So what goes here?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I've been wondering that myself. I seem to recall it was posted relatively late last year, too.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just posted on the athletics website. Don't see any surprises.
  • 69aggie
    Any thoughts on red shirts. Lily is my big concern.
  • Russ Bowlus
    My WAG: the frosh guards and Jones will play and Kenedy will red-shirt. Svanholm's gotta sit a year because of the transfer, obviously. I think the staff will want to get a feel for the new ball-handlers and shooters ASAP and bring Kenedy along slowly.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We are a little thin in the back court with the twins graduation (plus 2 walk-ons that were on the roster last year no longer are), so it wouldn't surprise me to see both Gray and Turner get minutes this year. As for the middle with Jones and Lilly, it'll depend both on how far along their games are and the need at the backup center position. Gibb has struggled her whole career with injuries, so that might play a factor, too. Roster size is only 14, and that includes Svanholm, so it's possible that the remaining 13 dress (I believe 13 is the limit to how many players can dress for a game), though I'm not sure they want to waste a years worth of eligibility for someone to sit on the bench. Jones' international experience might give her a leg up in transitioning to D1, so ideally, i'd think Lilly redshirts.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!