• AggieFinn
    South Dakota State @ Minnesota, Thursday 8/29, 6 p.m. PT (on FS1)
    Northern Colorado @ San Jose State, Thursday 8/29, 7 p.m. PT
    Northern Iowa @ Iowa State, Saturday 8/31, 9:00 a.m. PT
    St. Francis (PA) @ Lehigh, Saturday 8/31, 9:30 a.m. PT
    James Madison @ West Virginia, Saturday 8/31, 11:00 a.m. PT
    Eastern Washington @ Washington, Saturday 8/31, 12:00 p.m. PT
    Montana @ South Dakota, Saturday 8/31, 12:00 p.m. PT
    Idaho @ Penn State, Saturday 8/31, 12:30 p.m. PT
    Portland State @ Arkansas, Saturday 8/31, 1:00 p.m. PT
    Montana State @ Texas Tech, Saturday 8/31, 1:00 p.m. PT
    Butler vs. NDSU, Saturday 8/31, 1:00 p.m. PT (game played in Minneapolis)
    Drake @ North Dakota, Saturday 8/31, 2:00 p.m. PT
    San Diego @ Cal Poly, Saturday 8/31, 2:05 p.m. PT
    UC Davis @ California, Saturday 8/31, 3:30 p.m. PT
    Weber State @ San Diego State, Saturday 8/31, 6:00 pm PT
    Southern Oregon @ Sacramento State, Saturday 8/31, 6:00 pm PT
    Southern Utah @ UNLV, Saturday 8/31, 7:00 pm PT
  • DrMike
    some interesting matchups. Montana game will give a glimpse as to where they are this year. Same with Poly/San Diego. EWU might give Washington some fits; I'm not sure how good the Husky defense is, but their offense wasn't much last year.
  • AggieFinn

Coach Pete said the UGA transfer won the QB spot. Last year they were loaded on D, are they reloaded, who knows.

Regarding the Griz vs. Yote game
    https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/article_6b4de301-fd09-5d62-9b7c-0f3d88fe4d75.html
  • agalum
    Would love to catch the SD Poly game, especially since we have the Torreros next week. Is it televised?
  • SloStang
    The USD @ Cal Poly game is not televised, but will be video streamed on Big Sky TV.
  • agalum
    ok thanks. Was hoping to record it since i will be in Berkeley :).
  • Bige70
    SDSU is looking pretty good.
  • NCagalum
    Couple key mistakes by frosh QB and called back KO TD seal SDSUs loss. They are a very well coached and solid team. Minnesota was fortunate to win.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This was an unfortunate loss for the Jackrabbits. They outplayed the Gophers but still lost.
  • Bige70
    Bummer for the jacks. At least they won’t be stealing the Ags thunder this weekend.
  • NCagalum
    Central Arkansas beats a FBS school. Caveat is it was Western Kentucky, a bottom dwelling C-USA school that had 3 wins last year.
  • NCagalum
    Should be able to watch game a couple days after the event on demand with big sky tv. Or random replays on Pluto
  • Zander
    Watching UNI @ #21 Iowa State now. It's weird watching a ranked P5 struggle harder against UNI than the Aggies did
  • NCagalum
    13-10 uni end of 3rd pending review
  • Zander
    Aaaand OT!! UNI is repping the fcs in a big way, and it's even a national broadcast
  • BlueGoldAg
    Heartbreaking loss for UNI 29-26 in the 3rd OT to #21 Iowa State. UNI forced a fumble on 3rd and 1 but it was recovered for a first down by ISU at the 1 yard line and ISU punched it in for the win in triple OT. Terrible break for UNI!
  • NCagalum
    Washington toying with EWU. 21-0 but doesn’t seem that close. Near halftime. Part of me wants the Huskies to pound EWU. Best struts around like a cocky S _ _
  • BlueGoldAg
    UNI was impressive. Their Fr QB, Will McElvain a great scramble and was very poised for his first game in a hostile environment against a Power5 school. UNI's offensive line is HUGE!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I lost all respect for Best after he rolled up the score on the Aggies in our first game against them last year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Washington 47 EWU 14 Final
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 31 South Dakota 17 Final
  • lucche
    Chris took it to Best's team. Aggies have long memories.
  • NCagalum
    Portland State only lost to SEC Arkansas 17-10. But Arkansas was terrible last year. PSU QB went down with injury.

I watched some of Montana and South Dakota. South Dakota pass defense was awful. Guys open by 10 yards half the time. I don’t think the score necessarily means Montana is a much improved team this year.
  • AggieFinn
    Gotta say, Portland State's effort was beyond impressive but NAU stomped on Missouri State at home. Looked very good.

Poly is throwing the ball a ton more, RFr. QB has some talent. It will not be the typical Poly offense heading in to Davis this season. San Diego has some players, obviously Bandy, and they can move the ball. Have not watched the North Dakota or Sac State openers. Will try to stream it later this afternoon. Don't think I'll was Sac's effort, not a very telling game.
  • NCagalum
    Watched NDSU vs Butler (youtube) mostly to check out new bizzzzon QB. Lance can run - faster than Stick I think due to long legs. He reminds me of Christien of SDSU. He has a bit unorthodox over the top windmill-like passing delivery. Looked good passing but it was Butler and most of time receivers wide open. I would say that his release is not all that quick due to his overhead slinging delivery. East to see why he prevailed over Iowa State transfer. Iowa State guy does have a quicker release and maybe a bit stronger arm but is way slower than Lance.

NDSU has 30-35K fans at target field in Minneapolis where the game was held. They easily have the best fans in FCS and better than most FBS. O yah NDSU won 57-10. Butler was near bottom of Pioneer last year so really no test.
  • NCagalum
    Watched some of the USD Poly game. Better QB at Poly this year. USD DBs 3-5 yards behind receivers on the big plays Poly had.

Polys field looked awful for this time of year. I contacted a colleague at Cal Poly at their Irrigation Training and Research Center and after driving by said he thought the mowing and turf variety made it look brown. poly underwent a water conservation study a few years back it indicated cutting back on irrigation of sports fields. I applaud Poly for sticking with natural grass, but if you do so, it ought to be kept in a non-stressed condition. Might as well go to field turf if your not going to manage it for health/appearance. Here in the SE the colleges have beautiful bermudagrass fields.

Personally I think it must have been a band-uh member who sprayed roundup on the field. After all, the band-uh is thoroughly evil.
  • Riveraggie
    Ugh! Bermudagrass
    should be sprayed with roundup on sight. Since I unfortunately own some, Obnoxious Devils grass..
  • AggieFinn
    I'll put Week 2 FCS games of note up later tonight. I think some might be playing this evening...first, I got a date with the 3 hour Evil Clown movie premier....
  • NCagalum
    Riveragie. You are referring to common bermudagrass also known as “wiregrass”. The hybrid vegetatively planted stuff can look real nice if managed correctly. The tifway cultivars were developed at Tifton Georgia (ag research out of university of Georgia). They use this on golf course fairways in the south. I think poly could make it look nice - but have chosen water conversation over “looks”.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!