Western Illinois @ Colorado State, 1:00 pm PT
    Lindenwood @ Eastern Washington, 1:05 pm PT
    Northern Colorado @ Washington State, 2:00 pm PT
    Southern Utah @ Northern Iowa, 2:00 pm PT
    UC Davis @ San Diego, 2:00 pm PT
    Simon Fraser @ Portland State, 2:05 pm PT
    Maine @ Georgia Southern, 3:00 pm PT
    North Carolina A&T @ Duke, 3:00 pm PT - ACCNX
    St. Francis (PA) @ James Madison, 3:00 pm PT (St. Francis beat Lehigh week 1)
    Lehigh @ Villanova, 3:00 pm PT
    South Dakota @ Oklahoma, 4:00 pm PT
    Long Island @ South Dakota State, 4:00 pm PT
    Chattanooga @ Jacksonville State, 4:00 pm PT
    McNeese State @ Oklahoma State, 4:00 pm PT
    Cal Poly @ Weber State, 5:00 pm PT
    Southeast Missouri State @ Montana State, 5:00 pm PT
    Central Washington @ Idaho, 6:00 pm PT
    North Alabama @ Montana, 6:00 pm PT
    Northern Arizona @ Arizona, 7:45 pm PT - PAC12 Network
  • NCagalum
    Sac State seems to be improved and Idaho State not as good. Sac State D did well, but they struggled with field position and getting points on board.

Idaho State special teams looked very poor against WC. Still have Flannigan but lost Madison at RB. Flannigan was not especially effective. Lost Gueller as QB and replacement not at same level. Their best weapons are Gueller WR and their mighty-mite Michael Dean.
  • NCagalum
    Kennesaw State falls in overtime to Kent State. Kent State a weaker MAC team. Kennesaw state announcers the biggest whiners/homers I have heard in quite a while. Kenn. State did outgain Kent by a fair amount.

Kennesaw fell to South Dakota State in playoffs last year.
  • NCagalum
    UND vs NDSU without starting QB Ketteringham. Tall order for the team formerly known as the fighting Sioux.
  • NCagalum
    Weber comes back with 2 TDS. Have found a little offense. There defense, by in large is pretty stout. Good game.
  • NCagalum
    Looks like both the Ags and Poly could use some defensive help. Weber 24-10 early in third quarter.
  • SloStang
    24-17 Weber
  • SloStang
    Cal Poly holds on next defensive series only to have the punt hit a Poly player. Weber recovers on the 10 and punches it in on the next play.

31-17 Weber end of the third.

Cal Poly 1rst and 10 on the 50 to start the 4th quarter.
  • movielover
    Anybody else up? If so, consider tuning into KGO 810 AM for the lightning delayed Cal-UW game.

17 - 16 Bears, under 7 minutes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Cal 20 Washington 19 Final
    North Dakota State 38 North Dakota 7
    Villanova 38 Leghigh 10
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big Sky Finals

EWU 59 Lindenwood 31
    Washington State 59 Northern Colorado 17
    Northern Iowa 34 Southern Utah 14
    Portland State 70 Simon Fraser 7
    Weber State 41 Cal Poly 24
    Idaho State 38 Western Colorado 13
    Arizona State 19 Sac State 7
    Montana State 38 Southeast Missouri State 17
    Idaho 41 Central Washington 31
    Montana 61 North Alabama 17
    Arizona 65 Northern Arizona 41
  • AggieFinn
    Been a strange, wild first two weeks
  • eastbayaggie
    https://www.masseyratings.com/cf2019/ncaa-d1/ratings

Here are the rankings of all Division I teams on our schedule after 2 Games:

Ranking - School - (Previous Week)

31 North Dakota State (37)
    32 California (54)
    106 UC Davis (105)
    112 Weber State (118)
    118 Montana (120)
    123 Montana State (132)
    130 North Dakota (131)
    147 Cal Poly (145)
    161 Portland State (167)
    178 Sacramento State (191)
    193 San Diego (196)
    198 Southern Utah (193)
    236 Lehigh (236)

The big movers from week 1 to week 2 in our schedule are the double digit ranking improvements for Cal and Sacramento State. Also, Montana State and North Dakota switched places.

Next week's game vs. Lehigh should be the easiest game in our schedule.
  • movielover
    Joshua Kelly recouping from an injury, seeing some reps, but UCLA still succumbs.

"UCLA’s unbeaten record against San Diego State is gone after the Bruins lost 23-14 at the Rose Bowl on Saturday, blemishing their previous 21-0-1 record in the series."
  • Zander
    SDSU has a better win percentage against the Pac-12 since 2016 than any actual Pac-12 team, and more Pac-12 wins outright than Oregon State in that time period
  • NCagalum
    Very strange to see the SanDiego State and Weber scores after their 6-0 baseball score the previous week. I watched the Weber-Poly game. Josh Davis was the difference maker. He really diced up the Poly D. Weber’s QB Constantine (all I can think of are thermocouples with that name) was injured.
  • SloStang
    No doubt Josh Davis gashed Cal Poly D. With that said Cal Poly was in this game and a couple of plays broke their back. The first was Cal Poly D force a punt and the ball hit one of our players blocking on the punt return and WSU recovers inside our 20. WSU scored on the next play (yep, Josh Davis). The second was when Cal Poly forced another punt. On the series following the punt Poly puts the ball on the ground on a pitch and WSU recovers it and goes on to score (Cal Poly’s Safety dropped an easy INT on the 3rd down before the punt). I think WSU was the better team, but Cal Poly had it’s chances.

While I have concerns about Cal Poly’s D, I think Cal Poly’s offense has a chance to be very good. We have a QB can hurt a D with both his feet AND his arm. He has rushed for 149 yards and 3 TDs (one for 38 yards and one for 47 yards). He is 19 of 25 throwing for 403 yards and 3 TDs with no INTs. He put up 52 points on San Diego in his first 8 drives before being pulled. He then put 24 points against WSU’s D. That is a D that held SDSU to 6. That is the same SDSU team that just beat UCLA. I believe WSU has one of the top DEFENSES in the FCS.
  • eastbayaggie

Hi SloStang,

How did Cal Poly's defensive line and linebackers do against San Diego? I just need another data point to compare to UCD's defense vs. San Diego.

Also, I haven't been paying attention to Cal Poly recently, but I thought they played a variant of the triple option. Was that a different era and/or coach?
  • SloStang
    USD ran for 119 yards (3.2 yards per carry). Where the got us was through the air. They threw for 416 yards and 4 TDs (3 INTs). A lot of the yards and TDs came late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. As for our D line and LBs we did ok to not great against USD and got our butts kicked by Weber State.

Cal Poly does run the triple option and have for about 13 years (the last 2 years with Ellerson and the last 11 years with Walsh). The triple option is most dangerous when you have a legitimate passing game. I think this year we do. Koski is our best WR since Barden and Hamler looks to be one of our better throwing QBs since Dally.
  • agalum
    From what Ive seen with Cal Poly, they are legit this year. I hate the triple option :). I was supposed to be out of state for home coming. Doing my best to change those plans.
  • SloStang
    As much as I love to beat both Davis and Sac and hate losing to them, I would love to see all three rise to the top of the Big Sky. I would love to see the Big Sky Championship go through California and our games against each other have big implications on the Big Sky Championship. Davis is there. I think it will not take Taylor long to get Sac there. Now we need Cal Poly to get back in the mix. I think we are much improved this year over what I saw the last two seasons and I am hopeful for the future.
  • movielover
    Koski from Danville, I don't think Gould / Daft made an offer.
  • Toke69
    Note that the tight victory over San Diego did not affect the Aggies position in the FCS poll. They're still at #4.
  • NCagalum
    I think it helped that USD was the best team in their league and in the playoffs the last 3 years. They also won 2 first round games the first 2 years fairly easily. They did get dispatched first round last year and the Ags did have an easier time with them last year after being nearly tied mid-game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!