• aggies07
    No way to win if your QB can’t see coverage
  • aggies07
    The commentary left the potential line for post game presser: Total offense yardage by AGS
  • howard in nyc
    Oh my. King saves the USD game with a goal line tackle. Then gets run over by the QB like that. He had a nice pick earlier and seems to have played well today.
  • MTBAggie
    Really ESPN+? Technical difficulties?
  • aggies07
    Apparently USD is nowhere close to NDSU, it is NOT the first time the D ran out of gas in 4th quarter
  • CA Forever
    Shot ourselves in the foot 1 or 2 too many times. This was a winnable game in one of the most hostile environments in FCS.
  • howard in nyc
    I thought they held up pretty well stamina wise today. Just asked the D to do it too many times.

I was confused after the first two games about this team. Today clarifies how good the Ags are. Right there, pretty close to NDSU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    King got run over due to the simple law of physics: King 5'10 165 vs Trey 6'3 215. Trey had a head of steam and 50 pound advantage...
  • BlueGoldAg
    I had to listen to the NDSU radio feed and their announcers were flabbergasted by Hawkins use of TO's and time management in the final two minutes...
  • jrbizon
    Great game UC, I thought we would roll on ya more, but no,Great game for your boys!!!!!!
  • howard in nyc

How'd you know I got a (generous) C- in physics 8A?

True, size matters, plus King had to come a few steps to get to the hole, didn't have his best balance. Compared to the USD game saver, he had a full head of steam, with the runner having no other angle to take to the goal line. Don't mean to criticize him, I feel bad for him.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We call it Aggie Pride. I am concerned that we're pretty beat up. We didn't have our DB White for the game and 3 Aggies went down during the game: C Petteck, LB Eaton and DB Perryman.

This could be a really good rivalry between two schools with history and respect. Get the Bison fans to urge your AD to make this an annual affair.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm far from being physics savvy; I was just repeating what the NDSU radio guys said!
  • AggieFinn
    Take the field goals Dan.

Big games, this wasn't Northern Colorado
  • howard in nyc
    Thanks for joining us today, and for your sportsmanship. Best of luck the rest of the season, perhaps we'll meet again.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Congrats to the Bison too. They made the plays when they needed to and the defense bent but didn't break.
  • jrbizon
    THANKS UC AGGIE TALKERS.......UC will make a big presence this year!!!
  • aggie08
    Props to the Bison, good game. Very physical team and a barometer of where we need to be. That said, call me crazy, but imo we had a chance in both the Cal and NDSU games. It felt like we belong in both games. Let's see how this season progresses
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Let’s mess in Texas, Bison.
  • CA Forever
    You're not crazy... if we convert in the red zone we most definitely could have won. Literally a couple mistakes away from winning.
  • jrbizon
    Let’s mess in Texas, Bison
    Thats a little crazy, but who knows, would be fun!!!!!!!
    ucdavisaggie05
  • AggieFinn

Yeah, but we didn't today...

A wise stockbroker once said, "You better learn how to close, and I am dead serious about that. If you can't cash in when it matters then this is not for you."
  • movielover
    Three picks, 2 too many ... dropped pick, some missed tackles ... two extra LBs would help in a game like this ... ESPN+ (Bison?) announcers saying they were pounding the A gap on their 4th quarter power drives ... it seemed we waited a bit to change our alignment, when we did it seemed to work ... I missed our early TD called back (Tehran Thomas?) ... TE penalty tough.

Announcers and players said Maier took some hits. Announcers were Midwest fair. Our ball-control hurry up West Coast passing offense worked so well in Q3, running seemed to interrupt our momentum. Their D appeared to get tired. It seems we don't go deep. They said we ran 90 plays? Great overall effort, USD haze put to rest.

Buckle up, Montana coming to town.
  • movielover
    NDSU more so than Cal. Cal was a turnover fest, I don't recall many extended drives on offense.
  • SoCalAggie
    Who did we lose to injuries today?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our center, Petteck, LB Eaton and DB Perryman all left the game with injuries and our stellar DB White didn't even make the trip. We're beat up and Montana is coming to town...
  • CA Forever
    I mean... Yeah? That doesn't take away from the fact that we were a couple mistakes from being right in it. Game was closer than 11
  • BlueGoldAg
    Total yards: Ags 422 Bison 354
    Passing: Ags 312 Bison 156
    Rushing: Ags 110 Bison 198
    Jake 29-48 for 312 yards 3 INT's and 1 TD
  • jrbizon
    Montana is not that great looking at UC, take it to them!!!!!!!!!
  • jrbizon
    Total yards: Ags 422 Bison 354
    Passing: Ags 312 Bison 156
    Rushing: Ags 110 Bison 198
    Jake 29-48 for 312 yards 3 INT's and 1 TD
    BlueGoldAg

and ya still lost=shows how close teams are!!!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!