• movielover
    One of the great things about turning 21 at Davis was Friday afternoon at The Pub ... especially after midterms or finals. And a good place to take family when they were visiting.

I haven't been in over a decade. No one has mentioned it. Status?
  • DrMike
    looks to be currently closed for renovation

gunrock pub
  • Fiat Lux
    I went there quite a bit during last spring quarter! It is a gem of a place and you can get a pound of fries for $3 during happy hour. Best post midterm solution is Gunrock Pub, some fries, and some friends. I dont know why they are renovating it again. I'm pretty sure they just redid it a year or two ago.
  • movielover
    Huh? It's only 15 or so years old.
  • Fiat Lux
    I did a little more digging and it looks like they closed the whole silo so they could replace the roof and do seismic upgrades.
  • fugawe09
    IIRC, it went for a considerable period of being a pub minus alcohol. Sodexo owned the liquor license and when they got kicked out and the University decided to self-manage it a few years ago, it took a while to get a new license. Don't think it did well during that time.
  • True Blue Aggie
    In '91 and '92, The Pub (at the Silo) was the place to be on Fridays from noon until around 4/4:30; especially during Spring Qtr. Then stagger home . . . grab power nap . . . quick shower then head to B's for happy hour and beyond . . . then finish off the night at The Paragon singing (poorly) along to Gary Lee Yoder and Friends.

Man I miss those days. Good times.
  • DrMike
    Gary Lee was a guest of ours at a game a couple years back (a brewfest). he was quite a big deal back in the day, playing many a show for Bill Graham at the Fillmore. Good guy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!