• CA Forever
    The defense is going to let them score on every damn drive. Absolutely terrible.
  • AggieFinn
    The entire defensive backfield plan looks atrocious today the defensive back coach should be fired these guys do not tackle
  • Zander
    UND player was wrapped up, breaks free, and gets a TD.

Doesn't matter if our recruiting has improved (convo from earlier) if the players can't actually execute.
  • lucche
    Tackling is non existent by the dbsm
  • Amurden
    The recruiting emphasis has been on offense and it shows.
  • Zander
    False start penalty negates a failed 4th and 1 that may have also been a fumble

Just a roller coaster of mediocrity there
  • CA Forever
    If I'm UND just try a bunch of deep balls in a row here. We haven't stopped em all game.
  • AggieFinn

Really? Show me all the plays we've made today that are so amazing
  • Riveraggie
    At least adding some bigger DBs was a focus of last year’s recruiting class; unfortunately those guys haven’t played much.
    Both our linebackers and DBs are small and that is reflected in yards after contact.
  • Zander
    Was there the slightest doubt what was going to happen as soon as Jake went under center? I know the coaching staff loves the little trickery and wrinkles but there was nothing subtle about that. Sure, it isn't a bad 4th and 1 play when you're Army and all of your plays start like that, but the element of surprise is lost when we do it.

Also, that RB got like 10 extra yards because our guys couldn't bring him down
  • CA Forever
    Really not a lot of positives to say about that half. Defense was bad... worse than bad. Offense took an entire quarter to get rolling. I guess Whelan has been good.
  • Fiat Lux
    Well, we look terrible. I think the second half will need to be the time where we differenciate ourselves. Make the adjustments, go out and play with pride and energy. Show us that this team can turn it around and be the team they can be.
  • movielover
    We miss Mason Moe & Parenteau.

Edit: Maybe we're seeing depth issues as our roster includes:

15 wide receivers
    7 tight ends
    6 QBs
  • SoCalAggie
    We are overrated as a ranked team period. Ranked on paper, not deserving on field.

Also, how great does this broadcast look. Real cameras, replays, angles. Makes our broadcast with the single camera, auto replay and radio overlay feel like high school.
  • SoCalAggie
    Which sucks because Scott Marsh is amazing. We are lucky to have him.
  • CA Forever
    There is something fundamentally wrong with the defense as evidenced by last game and today. I'm not sure it's just missing Moe and Parenteau. Sure they were good players, but literally every player is whiffing on tackles today, not to mentioned blown coverage.
  • movielover
    Massive holes on the D Line, and we have size there and 5 seniors. I'm no expert, but with no pressure on the QB it makes our job 2x as tough, then overworked.

Our opponents have had 2 off seasons to study our film. Our "trick" plays seem repetitive. This may be situational, but I haven't seen a snap to the RB or a fake punt, or anything new (& fun).
  • NCagalum
    From the little I have seen, there is absolutely no defensive penetration (except for the 4th down stop). Lack of penetration and pass rush has been a problem this year IMO. Linebackers and DBs are undersized compared to most of the opposition. Speed and tackling must be on to counteract that.
  • SoCalAggie
    If a QB had all day. Eventually the secondary will get beat. That’s at any level. We have great LBs and secondary. The lack of pressure is the issue. They literally have all day to throw.
  • CA Forever
    Well the offense looks sharp coming out of the gate.
  • quadshock
    OK OFFENSE I SEE YOU
  • CA Forever
    Why do we keep doing that pooch kick? It literally never works in our favor.
  • NCagalum
    I cannot understand why Davis just doesn’t kick it through the end zone. A pooch kick ending up on the 40 makes no sense.
  • CA Forever
    Seriously, it makes no sense to me. I can't remember a single time that it has actually benefited us.
  • movielover
    OK, HOW DID WE SCORE IN 1 MINUTE??!!

GO AGS!!

Edit: they have 6, 7 tall receivers, most 6'4", one 6'3", which is an advantage in one respect, but they can't be quicker than 5'10" DBs?
  • CA Forever
    Holy cow, the defense actually stopped them...
  • AggieFinn
    Finally, a stop
  • NCagalum
    Wow. Crawford never seems to drop a pass but that was a major TO.
  • movielover
    Ugh. ... (we carry 1 more WR, TE, and 2 more QBs than ND.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!