• NCagalum
    goes to show you how important is is to have consistent good seasons so you have to fall rather than beat your way up the rankings. I think too much is placed on previous season and reputation but eventually you have to have a decent record. Some teams like Jacksonville State have a patsy schedule so I do think some weight should be applied to strength of schedule.
  • Zander
    Yeah, I do think the voters are giving us leeway because of our schedule, perhaps too much. But I don't think it's out of the question that we are actually the 20-30th most talented team in the country and have just been performing as other teams in that area would if they had our slew of playoff-bound opponents
  • SloStang
    The way Davis played Cal and NDSU plus how you did last season are the reasons you are still ranked. Also your loses are all to good teams.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you're right about that; we're getting the benefit of the doubt because of the strength of our schedule so far and last year's success. The game with Poly could be the make or break game of the season for us though. I keep thinking that this team might really break loose but, so far, we have not shown that we are a playoff caliber team this year.
  • movielover
    Our scoring is substantially off.
  • nfehT
    The defensing hasn’t been great, either.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hey guys, post up often. My wife and I will be driving through the fall color here in New England today heading for Freeport, Maine, and Acadia National Park. Hopefully, we'll have strong wifi tonight and I'll be able to catch some of the game either on Pluto TV or the radio broadcast.

Our 7 week trip ends on October 24th so we'll be home for the Weber State game. I hope we have a 2 game winning streak going by then!

GO AGS!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I gotta say...this is a pretty cool addition to the pre-game activities!

u554xa97jsomebl1.png

https://ucdavisaggies.com/index.aspx?path=football
  • agalum

Yeah, that was really cool. Poly has a horse as well. BTW, anybody notice our record when “Pint” is not in the stadium?
  • movielover
    BBP!

(Bring back Pint!)
  • SloStang
    Has anyone here notice that every time the Aggies move up in the rankings the Aggie’s football Twitter page is updated the same day with the new ranking? Now that the Aggies have been slipping in the polls the last two weeks it has not been updated and still says #4. Probably to busy preparing for today’s game to worry about it. ;)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pint will be back. I think his owner is out of town for a while.
  • movielover
    Hey brother, will RB ShaKobe play?
  • SloStang
    He had an ankle sprain at the start of the season, but was suited up last Saturday. He did not get any snaps, but I think he made the trip this weekend. Looking forward to seeing him the ball for the Mustangs.
  • NCagalum
    kennesaw state also has a VERY patsy schedule. Both they and Jacksonville State have been getting in playoffs perennially due to being in extremely weak conferences.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    There's certainly a difference between dominating a weak conference / weak schedule vs playing in the Big Sky with a weak OOC schedule. Western teams are at a disadvantage and the committee can easily choose another B. Sky team with a better OOC slate.
  • Zander
    Stinks. Hopefully if we end up on the cusp we'll get there nod over other schools with the same win count. Most teams in the country would have at least three losses with our schedule right now.

Gray unis today. Really think they should have stayed with the blue and gold on homecoming. Experimentation is much better for a home opener or other "need to get eyeballs" game
  • NCagalum
    Well I don’t expect a 42 point drubbing like last year. Depends on the consistency (or lack thereof) of Ags. At this point, any win is a win.
  • BlueGoldAg
    How is the crowd size for the game?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ooof...the stadium looks empty on Pluto TV...
  • Zander
    It's 3/4 capacity I think. A lot of people on the grass and on the west side
  • BlueGoldAg
    Most of the students probably didn't come back after the Montana blow out.
  • Zander
    3 points on the board early but you have to think we would have been set up nice to get a TD without the penalty
  • Zander
    some maybe but there's a solid student contingent. They're still lined up outside actually
  • MTBAggie
    Nice to see the dog out there!
  • MTBAggie
    The announcers showed Montell Bland on the TV for players to watch. Is he actually playing, or an error on the announcers part?
  • Zander
    Ags playing decent. Penalties are not doing Poly any favor though.
  • Riveraggie
    Announcers are clueless.
  • AggieFinn
    Sounds like we're rolling early 17 nothing, 6 minutes left, 1st qtr
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!