• MTBAggie
    This popped up in my FB feed today. Pretty nice facilities at NDSU. A little talk about the Bison football team, too. I didn't realize the NDSU wresting team was a part of the Big XII. They'll be in Palo Alto wrestling at Stanford on February 15.

On a side note, the guys on the FloWrestling podcast were talking a few days ago about guys who came out of nowhere, and Derek Moore got a quick mention.

• 72Aggie
    Interesting that Fresno State is an affiliate member of the Big XII in wrestling, and Arkansas-Little Rock is an affiliate member of the Pac 12 in wrestling.
  • MTBAggie
    Yeah, that seems to make zero sense. I'm sure it had to do with timing and who had space in their conference. Both are relatively new programs. But still, the NCAA requires 6 teams for a conference, and Little Rock kept the Pac-12 at 6 programs after Boise St. dropped its program. Fresno State probably just wanted a tougher conference, and Little Rock probably would've gotten destroyed in the Big XII.
  • 72Aggie
    Having nothing to do with wrestling....the Pac 12 water polo schools (Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA) compete in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. Several other schools that were in the MPSF, mostly Big West and WCC schools, formed the Golden Coast Conference. (Perhaps the only way any of them were going to get to the NCAAs as long as they competed against the big Pac 12 California schools for bids.) Meanwhile the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation has added Austin College and Penn State Behrend.
  • 72Aggie
    Back to wrestling....with their football and wrestling programs NDSU could probably transition smoothly into the Big Ten conference. (If the Big Ten decided they needed a fifteenth team.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!