• BlueGoldAg
    The following is a great article chronicling the life and career of former Aggie QB Khari Jones who is now the Head Coach of the Montreal Alouettes. There are many references to Jones' time at UCD and lots of quotes from Bob Biggs.

THE RAPID RISE OF KHARI JONES

xsauzph9y9o9r159.png

Link: https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/06/long-read-rapid-rise-khari-jones/
  • howard in nyc
    Thanks for posting that, enjoyed the read. I saw a couple of games when Khari was QB, but I was oblivious to his pro playing career, and his coaching story. Now I'm a solid Als fan.

The article made me think back to a couple of players in my day who did some acting as students. There was a standout tailback in 74-75, Rickey Hamilton, who was also quite good on the stage. He was pursuing an acting career, but died suddenly, tragically just a couple of years after leaving UCD, brain hemorrhage if I recall. Haven't thought of Rickey in quite a while.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What an incredible number of Aggies have gone on to have very successful and notable coaching careers...really amazing...
  • NCagalum
    Love the adjusting meetings so he could play Juan Peron in Evita. Classic D2 days culture.
  • AggieFinn
    The first UC Davis game I ever saw was UC Davis @ Portland State and Khari was at QB. Had a solid day, we played great special teams that day as well.
  • eastcoastag
    Thanks for posting. Really cool story
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!