• BlueGoldAg
    Former Aggie QB, Mike Moroski, has taken NAIA College of Idaho to their first football championship since 1955 after 6 years at the helm. The Coyotes are 9-0 and ranked #6 in the NAIA.

Article and video here:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/football/article237208983.html
  • movielover
    "“It’s a lot of things,” C of I coach Mike Moroski said. “It’s all the hard work of the players and the staff who have been here since day one. As we’ve built this program, we’ve always said culture precedes championships, and we have a group of guys who work hard and love to play football. This year, it all just kind of rolled together for us.”
  • BlueGoldAg
    He's taught his team what he learned from Aggie Pride...
  • AggieFinn
    If that's not Togetherness I don't know what is.
  • howard in nyc
    Very happy for Moroski. Two of my closest friends from childhood, I am still close with and we converse regularly. Steve Brown and Jim Bowin, both pitched for the Aggies alongside Mo back in the day, I love sending them these updates.
  • NCagalum
    Howard, I was on the baseball team with those guys. Brown and Moroski were excellent pitchers. I rode the bench mostly. When it rained we played basketball - lot of good hoopsters. Kevin Hildebrand asked me how I could be so graceful on the basketball court and not so much on the mound (ouch).
  • 72Aggie
    College of Idaho will host Ottawa (Arizona) in an NAIA first round game this Saturday.
  • howard in nyc
    Man, I am sorry that I don't remember you. Spring of '77 I wasn't around (spent a quarter in DC at NIH), and then I transferred to Santa Barbara, only saw a few of your games. Bowin, Brown and I played jv hoops together in high school, so i am pretty sure you guys (with the exception of Mo) sucked at basketball--sorry, I've been talking smak to those two guys about hoops, and everything else for over 50 years now, just a habit.

Just spoke to Bowin the other day, he was trying to find John Riley, another pitcher in 77 and 78. If by chance you have a line on Riles, drop me a private message.
  • 72Aggie
    College of Idaho 70, Ottawa (AZ) 23

Coyotes on the road next weekend against Grand View (IA.)
  • NCagalum
    your right - now that I think about it Brown was terrible at hoops. Your smack is well placed. Don’t know about Riley’s whereabouts. He had a really good over the top curve ball.

To be honest haven’t followed baseball at UCD since I left. Shows the strong bond the band-uh had with the football team back them. That’s really where my loyalty to Aggie football stems from.
  • 72Aggie
    College of Idaho lost to Grand View, 14-6, in an NAIA quarter final game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bummer...sounds like it was a battle...
  • movielover
    Moroski's team is 7-1 this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!