• aggiebrother
    I think with Plough for me is just the terrible tendencies this season. I do agree the Doss opened up stuff last year because he would always be doubled. but this year for me just showed what a terrible play caller he is. Too many times did we get into 3rd and long situations and have no play to convert. Too many times did we not spread the field and attempt big plays. Too many times did we put Jake in terrible spots to make plays by way of just being in predictable play calls. 2nd half offensive adjustments were non existent. Teams had us figured out after half. I just had enough of him and the lack of aggression.
  • movielover
    So if we agree with your assessment, where was the feedback from Hawk, Speckman, Hawk Jr, and Maier?

I'm sure we'll hear about injuries at some point, and we did have untimely injuries to 2 top receivers, but the WR group is deep. Everyone has injuries ... other teams are playing with freshman QBs.

It was nice to see the young MSU QB, on a team not known for passing, just step back and launch a 40 yard ball down the field successfully at least 3 times. (Not throw 20 and run 20.)
  • 69aggie
    Oh what a difference a year makes in college football. Last year Plough was credited with excellent play calling; but this year not so much at all. Last year our health and conditioning team was lauded for few injuries and great conditioning. This year not so much if at all. Now, whether this is due to the coaches or the players is the big question. Last year a great 1-2 punch at RB. This yea r down to UG and a converted WR or was he a DB? WRs OL were all banged up all year long. Best LB ineligible. The very good news is that there is a 99% chance TT will get a medical redshirt this year and we will have him for 2 more years along with UG and many very good WRs. Just the opposite with Sac. This year they are us last year and we are almost as bad this year as they were last year. Yes, I respect T Taylor a lot, but Sacs turn around has much more to do with having the very good football players to put on the field of play almost every game this year.
    PS: the Ags could win this game on Saturday by playing their very best game of the year. Plus, the FB Gods still owe us for that terrible call on Chris Carter’s “out of bounds catch” a few years back at Sac where even the Sac commentator agreed he was in bounds. If the right call was made we won the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The out of bounds call on Carter was the worst call ever!
  • AggieFinn

Ugh, that was painful. 2009, a painful year in general.
  • aggiebrother
    that’s what i’m kind of also getting at. I don’t know how much this has to do with Hawk not stepping in and taking some responsibility away from Plough if he thought it was going downhill. I don’t think Speck/ Hawk Jr have much to do with the playcalling, not sure how many RB coaches do.

As for Maier, man, it was a tough year at times. I think some of the decision making is definitely on him.

Last year, i feel like we just knew who we were with our offense. This year we had no gameplan or identity of who we were. We tried to make UG the bell cow, but still wanted Jake to get numbers which led to some interesting scheme and timing of play calls in my opinion.
  • NCagalum
    funny how perspective is. After the NDSU game their fans were all over their coaches saying how much they got out-coached by UC Davis. Just think what Poly has to deal with with Tim Walsh - guess he is untouchable.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!