• BlueGoldAg
    Interesting post, OBUA. I thought that Adebayo and Pepper stopping the ball out high and disrupting the ball handler's attempt to either go up for the shot or pass was crucial. The Idaho player on the right was streaking to the basket and calling for the ball. I'm glad that the ball handler wasn't able to make the pass because I'm not sure Mooney and Neufeld would have been able to the player streaking to the basket in time.

Les also pulled all of the Aggies back while Neufeld was shooting a FT. Ironically, we lost a game at Idaho 68-66 three years ago that had a similar scenario in the final seconds but a different outcome. The Ags had tied the game at 66 when Brynton Lemar hit the front end of a 1-and-1 with 6 seconds left. Les did pull his players back, Lemar missed the second FT and the Vandal's rushed the ball up the court and hit a shot at the buzzer for the win.

After the game, Les said that if he had it to do over again he would have pulled his players back to half court and would not have left them at the FT line. He played it different this time...
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!