• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies play their third game of the Red Wolves Classic in Jonesboro, Arkansas, at 9 am PT, Sunday, versus VMI. The Keydets are winless so far this season but only lost to Idaho 68-67 while the Aggies nipped the Vandals has 65-64.

There is no tv or live stream. Greg Wong will make the radio PBP call on KHTK Sports Talk 1140 AM at 9 am Sunday morning.

http://player.listenlive.co/55401

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Note: The radio PBP call by Greg Wong is on KHTK Sports Talk 1140 AM not Money 105.5 FM.
  • BlueGoldAg
    38-34 Aggies at the half. Mooney with 14 and Fuller with 11.
  • BlueGoldAg
    42-42 with 16:32 to go. Ags are in a dogfight with a hungry team.
  • Zander
    And we're going to OT!
  • Zander
    HUGE 3 by Pepper to tie it up
  • Zander
    2OT it is
  • BlueGoldAg
    VMI wins their first game of the season by beating the Ags 89-84 2OT
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tough two days for Aggie fans: first, women's BB sqander a 15 point 4th quarter lead and fall to Santa Clara 62-61, then the MSU knocks the Ags out of football playoff possibility 27-17 and now the men lose to a winless VMI team...ugh...
  • 69aggie
    Yes BGA it is very tough to be a college sports fan. One year you’re up the next you’re down as players come and go. So I try and be, lets say, philosophical about this situation. Also try and look at what other teams are doing or not doing compared to us. Hawk is classy even with a bad loss (today). Look at what happened to Stanford or UCLA this week. Blowouts. Probably one or both coaches will be fired after the season. When I really get depressed (today) I roll out that great sports movie: “Friday Night Lights.” Somewhere near the end Billie Bob Thornton says to the team: “Hey guys, its just a game. Have some fun out there”. Exactly what Sochor always taught. Hawk too. It’s just a game. (I write this to console myself, I confess).
  • Firefan17
    This is a tough one to swallow for sure. As much as losses like this one hurt us as fans,I really feel for the players and coaches who get to spend the rest of the day sitting in airports and on planes on their long trek home with nothing to do but ruminate on how close they were to getting the win and coming home with what I think we'd all consider a successful trip going 2-1 over the 4 days.
  • Toke69
    It's kind of sad to see the lack of posts on this site as of late. I checked back to 3 years ago and saw 172 posts for a Big West tournament game against UC Irvine. Everybody likes a winner. There are 353 Division 1 teams and VMI is ranked by Jeff Sagarin at 339, so you know where that puts the Ags. Nobody likes a loser. Yeah we beat Idaho, which is ranked 335 and William Jessup, not ranked. But as I said in a previous post, it is easy to face a season with low expectations and as the Ags did when T J. Shorts first showed up, a young team can become a pleasant surprise. I've got a lot of faith in Jim Les to get this team to gel and I do not think they will place 8th in the Big West.
  • DrMike
    I think we’re usually quiet in the early preseason when football is still going on. Especially when we start the season far from home. Tomorrow will be a good barometer with Sac coming off a win over Riverside . I’m driving up and looking forward to seeing this group
  • Toke69
    I see that we're playing Sac State in the Causeway Classic too. That's quite a hornet double header. Go Ags!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!