• BlueGoldAg
    The #14 seed Aggies will host the winner of the Louisville vs South Florida match on Sunday, November 24th at 1 pm. 1308 fans showed to see the Ags win the Big West Tournament and we need even more fans to come out for this huge game.

tua5qqfn7pojaicy.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    The #14 seed Aggies (13-4-2) will host the Louisville Cardinals (9-7-2) Sunday at 1 pm at the Aggie Soccer Field. Louisville soundly beat South Florida 4-1 in the first round to advance to the second round vs the Aggies who had a first round bye.
  • eastbayaggie
    I'm not sure why no one posted this earlier:
  • 72Aggie
    In an all UC first round game UCSB defeated Cal, 3-1. Gauchos advance to play St. Mary’s.
  • MTBAggie
    Exciting end to the 1st half. Ball in the net, but just after time expired. Still 0-0.
  • MTBAggie
    Urgh. This close to opening the 2nd half with a quick goal. Ags keep charging.
  • MTBAggie
    Louisville up 1-0...
  • MTBAggie
    And they lose. Bummer.
  • 72Aggie
    Louisville will play Georgetown.

Santa Barbara easily defeated St. Mary's in Moraga, 4-0. The Gauchos will play Indiana.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I watched the game. The Aggies dominated the entire game and outshot Louisville 18-5 before a huge and enthusiastic crowd that wasn't at all happy with the referee on quite a few ocassions.

The Ags were clearly a much better team in every aspect of the game but one of the few Louisville shots snuck in. The Ags scored a final second goal in the first half but the referee wiped it off by saying that time had expired which was questionable. No reviews in soccer. This is a tough loss for the Ags to swallow.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Really tough being an Aggie sports fan right about now
  • MTBAggie
    Small victories. My wife, and my brother and sister-in-law all went to USF. Our 0-4 womens bball team just beat USF to improve to 1-4!
  • 72Aggie
    "Really tough being an Aggie sports fan right about now"
    Another silver lining behind the dark cloud:
    Men's water polo is the conference regular season AND tournament champ. Going back to the NCAA tournament for the third time in four seasons.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    USF's basketball squad is looking pretty good. They'll be a really tough opponent next month. But it is good to see that the Dons are back after some disappointing years.
  • MTBAggie
    Our whole family went to the Chase Center a few weeks ago to watch the USF mens bball team beat Princeton. I couldn't talk anybody in to watching the womens game beforehand against Stanford. (Our tickets were for the double header.)
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCSB has made it to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Soccer Tournament after beating Indiana, a perennial soccer power, 1-0 in Bloomington, Indiana. They were not seeded in the tournament after losing to the Aggies 2-0 in the Big West Tournament and have beaten Cal 3-1 in the first round and St Mary's 4-0 in the second round before advancing to beat Indiana in the Sweet 16.

The Aggies and the Gauchos played to a 1-1 tie in the regular season before the Ags beat them in the BW Tournament. It's really too bad that the Ags lost to Louisville 1-0 in a game in which the dominated everything except the final score. The Ags and the Gauchos look like they are right up there with the best D1 soccer teams but it's the Gauchos that are still playing.
  • 72Aggie
    ...and Louisville lost to Georgetown in the next round, 5-1.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Damn...that adds insult to injury!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!