• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags continue their road show when they play the much improved Portland Pilots in the Chiles Center (4,852) in Portland, Oregon. The Pilots (4-1) are off to a good start after a long 7-25 season last year while the Aggies (2-4) are struggling to find some offensive consistency and are coming off a disappointing performance in their loss to Sac State on Wednesday in the Golden 1 Center.

Live stream from the West Coast Conference TV and the PBP radio call by Greg Wong on Money 105.5 FM Sacramento.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies took the lead late in the 4th but lose again 72-has 62. This is going to be a long season if this team can not find some offensive consistency. I understand being a good defensive team is important but you can't win on defense alone.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I watched most of the game. It feels like we are about to break out then we go 4 mins without scoring and that’s the ballgame. Frustrating!
  • Firefan17
    Frustrating indeed! The lack of consistency on the offensive side has definitely been the recurring theme throughout the early part of the season and I'm really worried that there isn't a quick fix coming right around the corner. I think the best we may be able to hope for is to find one or two hot hands in a given game that can carry the load and lead the team to a win. Looking ahead the schedule certainly doesn't get any easier with trips Cal and Utah so lets hope we can find something to give us a chance.
  • DrMike
    No Mooney? Nice to see Printup contribute. Besides Nuefeld and Manjon (although he was 2-11 from the field) , we haven’t seen a consistent scorer. Playing without Mooney and Squire makes it tough. Gotta survive this next week without this early season beating these guys down
  • DrMike
    My mistake: Mooney played and scored 4. He hasn’t been in a groove lately
  • BlueGoldAg
    He hasn't been playing lots of minutes though. I'm not sure he's 100%.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Certainly seems that Mooney is either suffering from a minor injury (he didn't start against Portland but did play 21 minutes) or a lack of confidence. I was going back and forth from the B-Ball to the Football game, so I missed some of Mooney's minutes, but every shot that I saw was off the front rim, including missing two free throws (which is highly unlike him). Usually shots that consistently come up short are a sign of a problem in the legs, either injury or fatigue, or just not fully committed to the shot. Hopefully whatever it is he gets over it quickly as we'll need his leadership in Berkeley tomorrow.
  • agalum
    We just don't have a “star” this year. The go to guy who can sink it in a pinch.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!