• Russ Bowlus
    Konrad fouls out on a weak sauce offensive foul.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sac State somehow gets a garbage layup to fall.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sac State center just fouled out.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies up two
  • Russ Bowlus
    77-75 Aggies with 25 left; Hornet ball.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggie force a shot clock violation to end the game!!!!!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Gutty, gutty comeback.
  • Zander
    Checking in, just wow. Wish I could have gone. Hopefully this is a huge confidence builder for the team
  • BlueGoldAg
    Gritty double OT win by the Aggies! They simply refused to lose this one and prevented the Hornets from sweeping the Aggies in basketball and football this year.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Toole, Konrad, Bessolo, and Hall all in double figures. Trpcic with 10 assists (!). Konrad also had 11 rebounds to lead the team.

Aggies won despite allowing their opponent to shoot six more shots. Sac State shot 41% to UCD's 39%. FTs were the difference maker with UCD going 21-27 and Sac State going 10-18. (And that despite some questionable calls in the paint!)
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sophia Song's game winner:

Prayer shot with 00 on the shot clock and it went in...unlike all the wide open shots that somehow didn't all freakin' game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I sure hope Jen has her team practice their layups this week. They must have missed 10 point blank shots from 2 feet. Nice moves to get to the basket and then miss the bunny 5 or 6 times is way too many.
  • Russ Bowlus
    There was a serious lid on the basket for the Aggies, that's for sure. But, they kept their head in the game and kept running the offense and getting shots and playing D.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Final defensive stand:
  • BlueGoldAg
    No doubt about that but they need to get out of their heads when they have a good point blank shot. Don't rush it and throw up a wild ball. You can almost see Stobbart tense up. They need to work with her in practice on getting bumped but still staying in control and not throwing up a rushed, wild shot. Same thing happens with Hall at times; she cuts hard to get the basket but then loses control on the shot and misses shots she knows she can make. You can see her frustration. I think it's more of a confidence thing with both of them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Song on her game winning shot:

"First I was looking to drive, but then that wasn't open and time was running out and I just shot it, hoping we'd get a rebound," Song said. "What people don't see is that in practice we go over these last-minute situations and I try and get in as much of those as possible and, tonight, it went in."

"When we went to overtime, we came back to the huddle with the mentality that we were going to win this game," Song said. "It was just a matter of playing loose and knocking down our shots. In our minds, we already knew that we were going to win. That's what I love about this team, the confidence, we were just ready to go."

Comments from Coach Gross:

"I felt like we had the momentum and our team still felt fresh heading into the second overtime period and we just said, 'Hey, let's keep pushing the ball, let's keep the pressure on them, and let's keep attacking,' " Gross said.

"I'm really proud of our team. We played pretty poorly in the first and, give Sacramento State credit, they came out firing. To be able to stick together and keep the belief in each other I think was really big for us."

]https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/11/26/womens-basketball-aggies-win-wild-causeway-clash-in-double-overtime.aspx
  • BlueGoldAg
    Deleted...wrong thread...
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!