• Toke69
    Much encouraged by the Ags showing vs. Cal, I plan to watch them play the Utes on the PAS-12 network today. Please note that the time I posted is Hawaiian time. We don't have daylight savings time out here so I get mixed up as to whether we're 2 or 3 hours behind the west coast. While I don't expect UC Davis to beat Utah, an upset over a PAC-12 team is always great and the 3 point line being moved out does not seem to have affect Mooney or Gonzalez. If they and one other player can light it up from out there and maybe surprise Utah. If so, it will bring back memories of the Hawkins/Ritchart/Les teams of 5-6years ago.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The game will be at 6 pm PST and will be aired on the Pac12 Network. Scott Marsh will call the radio PBP on KHTK 1140 AM also.

Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    Out in CO with my inlaws and my father-in-law is going to be forced in to watching his 2nd Aggie bball game of the week. Go Ags!
  • SoCalAggie
    Utah hasn’t missed...
  • DrMike
    They have had 2 8-bounce 3 pointers that fell in. Yikes. Seven minutes in and we have no rebounds.
  • SoCalAggie
    Utah is bigger and more athletic. Any look they want they can get.
  • MTBAggie
    I'm not creating any new UCD bball fans here. Room of 9 wondering why we're watching this game...
  • DrMike
    Made a little run. Hope you didn’t turn it off. Got it to 5 before their 3 at the TV timeout. 48-40 15 to go
  • DrMike
    The difference in Pepper and Koehler from when I saw them at Sac is startling. They looked overwhelmed that night, but look like they belong against the pac12 teams this week.

Squirt back, no Printup. Must be illness or injury since we’re going deep tonight
  • DrMike
    Down 5 with 3:30 to go
  • DrMike
    The difference in Pepper and Koehler from when I saw them at Sac is startling. They looked overwhelmed that night, but look like they belong against the pac12 teams this week.

Squirt back, no Printup. Must be illness or injury since we’re going deep tonight
  • MTBAggie
    Well, good showing, but another loss. 2-7.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies make a great fight of it but lose 77-73. Really nice second half of basketball against another Pac12 team. This team is starting to find their identity and chemistry on the floor. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team continues to progress.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Two good showings against Pac-12 teams. Really need to play with the same intensity against northern az next time out.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We've had a couple of good halves against good competition but we need some wins. It's easy for a team to get demoralized when they continue to lose even though they may be playing good basketball. Time for some W's.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    exactly! We’ve got winnable games coming up. Time to use all the experience we’ve gained early in the season and get the wins. Good to see squire out there again along with pepper finally getting his 3-ball going.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've been waiting for Pepper to emerge. His brother is an outstanding high school player and I hope Les will consider recruiting him as well.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Me too. And I think there is a third brother too just entering high school. I was expecting some good outside shooting but pepper is a much better defender than I thought he’d be at this stage. And he takes charges just like Schneider did.
  • Toke69
    I really like this team. They were down by 18 and 15 to two PAC-12 teams in consecutive road games and came back strong to make it close. Manjon is a special player and I would bet he'll be the Big West newcomer of the year. I appreciate what DrMike said about Pepper and Koehler both having made big strides in their game. That's a sign of good coaching and I would say that both are pretty impressive for their smart play and hustle.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Comebacks are all fine and dandy but wins need to come soon.
  • Firefan17
    I do give the guys a lot of credit for not throwing in the towel the past two games on the road against good competition when they got down and it would've been very easy to do so. That being said, as others have mentioned 2-7 is what it is, it's a tough hole to dig out of and rebuild the confidence of the team and even the fan base for whatever that's worth. I still think there there are reasons to believe the team is going to come together by the time the conference schedule rolls around as long as they can keep the their self belief up and not let themselves get too beaten down.

Keep the faith Ags!!
  • DrMike
    The only bad loss was VMI. Opponents are 31-16, 28-10 without VMI. The next two are games I think we win, but the four after ( 3 WCC and New Mexico) aren’t promising. So heading to BWC at 5-12, something like that? Not a huge fan of this type of scheduling.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Last year's schedule was much tougher and it didn't pay us any dividends. This year's schedule seems just about right to me. I see no reason that we shouldn't be recruiting as well and competing well against WCC teams.
  • DrMike
    Agee; it’s just these 9 game road trips (Golden 1 might not count) are a killer.
  • Toke69
    Bob Hamilton used to schedule a lot of preseason games against teams from major conferences. I faintly recall one year when he took them on a road trip to play Michigan and Minnesota (two Big-10 teams at any rate). He always said it was to give them the experience of playing against top caliber opponents so they would learn how great teams work together. The counter argument was that it was bad for morale, but the two years I was there as an undergraduate, they won two Far Western Conference titles.
  • BlueGoldAg
    16 pre-conference games and only 4 of them at home and 2 of those 4 being NAIA teams is a terrible out-of-conference schedule. The 9 road games in a row just make it worse. Les told me that teams simply won't come to Davis so this is what we get. Les wants to play the area WCC teams on a home and home basis but they aren't interested for the most part. He would even like to play Sac twice each year but Katz doesn't want to. I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it except hit the road for some decent competition.

It boggles my mind that teams will go Pacific (10 of their 16 pre-conference games are at home) but won't come to Davis and even Pacific is not really interested in playing the Ags. Sucks!
  • movielover
    It helps to build relationships. Coach Stewart got Stanford to come here! But the WCC is bigger.

Ham played Santa Clara often, they even played at Rec Hall. ... I believe we chose not to play Sac a few years back when we were scheduling weak OOC schedules.
  • DrMike
    I saw a Kurt Rambis, Londake Theus led SCU play us at the Rec Hall (2nd season there I believe).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!