• agalum
    Just tuned in for the last 5 minutes. Thought we might pull that one off. The guy that Squire fouled should get an academy award for flopping.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags fall 74-69...couldn't stop their size and athleticism late in the game especially with Neufeld fouling out with 10 minutes to go...a couple of missed FT's and a couple of poor TO's decided it in the final seconds...that said, you gotta love the fight of this team...size wise it looked like men against boys but we hung in there and frustrated them...we've lost a lot of close games...I'll be happy to see the conference start...we could make some noise in the conference...

I wouldn't care if we ever scheduled NM again...nasty program...
  • BlueGoldAg
    26 fouls called on the Ags...NM hit 23-35 from the line compared to 10 of 17 for the Aggies...Neufeld and Squire fouled out and Mooney and Pepper had 4 each...

Crowd: 10,700
  • movielover
    Tough to win on the road with 20 TOs and shooting 58% from the line. Maybe the tattooed "Snake" behind the line got in their heads.
  • DrMike
    if I lived in Albuquerque I would have a nasty outlook on life also
  • BlueGoldAg
    Haha...never spent any time there...the Ballon Festival is pretty amazing each year and Santa Fe is close by...
  • DrMike
    Reno has a nice balloon festival and Tahoe is nearby. Similar descriptions of their highlights
  • movielover
    Can you expand on the delights of Albuquerque? Never been. There must be problems, AG Bill Barr announced a new new Federal focus on violent crime in 7 cities, and Albuquerque is one of them.

Edit: in 2014 reportedly 300 gangs, and today the SNM (Syndicate Nuevo Mexico) runs drugs through NM.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I can't comment on the crime stats in Albuquerque but Breaking Bad was filmed there. :cool:
  • BlueGoldAg
    New Mexico Head Coach Paul Weir:

On UC Davis and the outcome of the game:

“They are a different level, a different caliber of opponent [than our most recent opponents] and that they were going to come at us the way that they did. They had a four-point loss at Utah, a six-point loss at Cal, it’s a good basketball team.”

“I had a feeling that we were going to be in for a game like this and we were. You have to tip your cap to UC Davis for playing their hearts out and taking us right to the wire. Fortunately, we have a great resilient group of guys that continue to find a way to come out with wins. I’m thankful to have the players we have.”
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I wouldn't care if we ever scheduled NM again...nasty program...BlueGoldAg

I just watched part of the game on-demand. Totally agree, not a very disciplined team and a bit dirty and I'd rather not see them again. Plenty of other quality programs out there to schedule.

As for the Ags, the effort has been there for the most part. Big teams are always going to give us trouble, but you have to love the determination. I'm kind of tired of the moral victories, but hopefully it helps us win in the BW. Assuming we have no difficulties with Holy Names, we'll end the OOC at 6-10, which is about right considering all the new pieces that have to fit together. The VMI and Portland games were the only two that, at the beginning of the season, I hoped/thought we would win.

And just to point out, still no Gehrke, even on the bench, and no minutes for Printup. Not that either are key cogs, but they do provide depth and, in the case of Gehrke, these OOC games would have provided some developmental time.

Edit: Well after some digging and with help from Google Translate, looks like Gehrke has left the team and joined Jamtland Basketball team in Sweden. I found this, now translated, tweet from 6 days ago: "I don't know very well what happened to him in NCAA but the Swedish promise Oliver Gehrke (‘00) returned to Jamtland (where his father trains) although he was injured in his first game.
  • DrMike
    Printup puzzles me. I was sitting on the court for NIU and thought he provided some physicality and length on defense, and was solid on offense. He had a good outing at Portland with 11 points in something like 20 minutes (he may have started). Seems like we could have used him yesterday against a big, athletic team
  • movielover
    Gehrke - that was a quick exit.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I had a feeling that he had left the team. He saw a few minutes of PT and it didn't look like he was going to be a major player this year. I think it can be very tough for some players to leave their native countries and settle into an entirely different culture. I wish him well.
  • movielover
    It's tough moving 200 miles when you're 18.

Iggy Nujic, 2012, gone early, and Olivier-Paul Betu, 2012, transferred out. Georgi Funtarov stayed.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!