• aggie321
    Sources report that Aggie RB Tehran Thomas has elected to hang up the cleats due to injury.

Big loss for the Aggies as Thomas was likely the most physically capable back the Aggies have had since Josh Kelley. Gilliam should be able to keep his success going but the Aggies will likely not see a 1-2 punch like they had during the ‘18 season with those two backs.
  • CA Forever
    Heartbreaking that the injuries have taken this much of a toll on him. His presence will definitely be missed in the backfield. It will be interesting to see how the RB depth works out this next season.
  • movielover
    Yikes. Sad to hear, but appreciate all that he gave the Ags.

Don't forget, Tehran lost his Father last year, who sounded like an exemplary, wonderful Dad. His Mother & Sister (SF State student) attended some of his games.

We need a replay of him breaking through the line at Sac State, and out running their DBs for a long TD run (called back by penalty)... at 235 pounds. No penalty, he runs for over 200 yards that game.
  • movielover
    Nevada SportsNet

Bishop Manogue's Peyton Dixon, a Fresno State transfer, signs with UC Davis

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/bishop-manogues-peyton-dixon-a-fresno-state-transfer-signs-with-uc-davis
  • CA Forever
    Leaves the running back depth as:

Christoph Hirota - Sr
    Ulonzo Gilliam Jr. - Jr
    Troy Spencer - Jr
    Trevor Facey - So
    Daniel McFadden - So
    Jeremiah Chukwudobe - RFr
    Peyton Dixon - RFr
    Josh Ward - Fr

It really could be anyone's game to step up with Gilliam.
  • movielover
    Do we know what the injury is?

Per current RBs, I believe a couple are walk ons.
  • DrMike
    not sure if it was one injury or an accumulation, coupled with the loss of his father, that led him to that decision. heard about that possibility a couple weeks ago. sorry to hear. hope he stays at Davis and finishes his education.
  • 69aggie
    Why don’t we go back to using a fullback? Hawk was a fullback. The Niners use Kyle Juszczyk very effectively at that position.
  • agalum
    TT is a good kid with great family support. His grandmother flew in from Phoenix to watch his games and continued to show up after he was hurt. As others have mentioned, hopefully he finishes his degree.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wish him the very best and hope he continues to do well in school...always an Aggie...
  • True Blue Aggie
    I rattled my sources who share that TT is likely finishing his education here. The loss of his father and his injury robbed him of his enthusiasm for football. Don't know exactly what the injury was, but I'm told that it simply made him tentative when he ran and "afraid of contact".

Aside from that . . . Dixon was highly sought after during the previous recruiting cycle. I thought he was going to be an Aggie, for sure. Good kid, solid character, impressive academics - all the right ingredients for an Aggie. Opting for Fresno State was, in my humble opinion, a little surprising given all those items mentioned. Nevertheless, glad he will be here. I think the dude brings a LOT to the table for the RB corp.
  • movielover
    I heard it might be ribs. Can be very painful.
  • agalum

Yes, he broke some ribs. Heard that from his grandma.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've broken ribs before from mountain biking crashes and, if the ribs aren't doing damage to any other vital organs, you just have to wait out the painful healing process. Trying to get comfortable sleeping was real problem too until you get over the hump.
  • 69aggie
    Regarding Dixon’s return into the Aggie mantle, I have some observations that are a bit more credible since my dear brother is a Fresneck. Tedford was a great coach, but his best attribute as a coach was his incredible charisma as a recruiter and motivater. Even as his health began to fail sometime back, he was always there with his players even as his assistants really took over the main coaching duties for FS. He would recall about sleeping on an air mattress in his office at cal when he worked so late he did not have the energy to go home. So, there you have it as to why Dixon may have gone to FS. With Tedford gone FS is just a very different place. Also, UC Davis is a much better place for a quality person like Dixon IMHO.
  • movielover
    You'd figure Tedford would have been more practical and bought a home closer go Cal - say Orinda or Berkeley - and avoided the longer commute.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!