• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies have lost all 3 of their home conference games so far this year and they hope to put an end to that losing streak today at 5 pm when Cal Poly comes to town. Both teams have struggled this year and both stand at 2-4 in the conference. Poly is coming off a thrilling 101-100 OT win over Fullerton and also upset CSUN earlier. The Ags have won 2 of their 3 conference road games and are coming off a lopsided loss to Irvine on Thursday.

Fans can see 2 games for the price of one ticket today. The women tipoff against Santa Barbara at 2:30 pm and members of various Aggie sports teams will be on hand at 1:30 today providing games and activities for kids prior to the women's game.

The 1998 Men's DII National Championship team will also be having a reunion today and will be honored in the Pavilion today as well. Former Head Coach Bob Williams and many of his former team members will be in attendance.

This will be a great day of basketball and activities for Aggie fans. I hope we get a nice crowd and pump some energy into the Pavilion atmosphere.

Live stream from Big West TV and the radio PxP by Scott Marsh will be broadcast on 1380 AM.

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    We’re 8 point favorites which surprises me after their Fullerton win. Maybe they don’t take their game on the road very well
  • movielover
    Why the early start times?
  • DrMike
    Doubleheaders have always been early starts.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Gonzalez is in street clothes. He went down with an ankle injury late in the Irvine game. I hope Joe can get his shot going.
  • CA Forever
    First game I've tuned in for in a long time. Sloppy play so far and the Pavilion looks and sounds really low energy.
  • CA Forever
    Aggies up 30-25 at half
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pretty good crowd for this year. Itybeen a very physical game and the officiating has been inconsistent.
  • CA Forever
    Like I said, I haven't watched a Davis basketball game in awhile. Harder to catch games on the east coast. I assume crowds have been down considering the team has been iffy.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That’s true. Attendance is down especially among the students.
  • Russ Bowlus
    "Inconsistent" is a good word for the officiating. Some real head scratchers being called (and not!).
  • CA Forever
    That's a shame. I know winning plays a large factor in getting butts in the stands, but man... you gotta have the students no matter what. Gotta give yourself a home court/field advantage (they need to show up for football too!)
  • DrMike
    I just realized no Gonzalez? Hard watching when the grandkids attend with you
  • Oldbanduhalum
    poly helped by missing a lot of open shots in the second half. But we came through when we needed to. Good to see printup contribute again. Manjons dunk finally got the crowd going
  • DrMike
    Nice finish. Seemed like we had it under controls up 13, then POOF it was 6 points. Mooney was big down the stretch with a couple of 3’s and steady ball handling. Big win at home
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yeah, Manjon's dunk surprised everyone. He has an incredible vertical leap for a player his size. Mooney was great all game long. He really brought the energy tonight even though Les didn't start him...rebounding and critical 3's down the stretch. Nice to see Adebayo contribute on the offensive end too. He has something like a 7 foot wingspan. I thought this was one of Koehler's better games too. Nice win by the whole team.
  • agalum
    Poly started putting on the pressure and full court D towards the end. They got to within 6 before the Ags pulled away. We missed the first half.
  • Toke69
    I missed this one. Too much going on today. Based on the box score, it looks like after the UCI debacle, Coach Les put Mooney and Neufeld on the bench to start the game. I guess they both did pretty poorly on Thursday. Nice to see Printup starting. How did he look?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Printup was solid...hit a 3 and plays tough defense. He hasn't seen a lot of playing time this season so his offensive game looks a bit rusty.
  • DrMike
    I like Printup especially on defense. Physical and active. He can score, although not too much tonight.

Poly scored 101 v Fullerton (OT) so holding them under 60 is impressive. Impressed his we responded to Poly’s last run.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Official attendance was 2263 tonight which is the most for a home game this year I'm sure.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    By the way, looked like sharpshooting recruit Austin Patterson was in attendance tonight. He was hanging out with the current redshirts before the game. We'll see if he commits soon.
  • DrMike
    Crowd was lively in the second half of men’s, and very vocal for the women. The student sideline duo do decent job; just would be nice to have someone leading the student section during play.

Wife and I were there with son and his family. Kids loved the play area, granddaughter loved dance troup. I get a warm feeling hearing the alma mater and Aggie Fight post game, and walking out with the band playing in front of the ARC is special. Great experience
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!