• movielover
    Rumblings from Sacramento State Hornet boosters that Coach Katz' contract won't be renewed, even after he was orally promised a new 6-year extension. Hundreds of fans last night reportedly wore KEEP KATZ tshirts to their home game.

He's had some decent years, and rebounded from a tough year last year. Tough to recruit into the Nest.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Katz has done a good job considering the Hornets play in perhaps the poorest facility in all of D1 basketball. It's hard to imagine many quality coaches who would want to come in and take over the Sac program.
  • movielover
    Agreed. I saw a game at the Nest this year, the Hornets were well balanced & played solid D, and Katz' interaction with players was very positive.

My sources say AD Orr & the college President want a big name. Ha!

The only possibility I can think of is if they entice UOPs coach - Damon Stoudemire - to move North. He graduates 4-5, including his dominant 6'5" guard.

It seems like the Hornet team which is imploding is women's basketball. Four players left the team early, and the HC's record appears on a downward trajectory.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!