• DrMike
    If CSUN wins (10 wins and second seed)and SB loses, we lose tiebreaker to SB cuz they beat Irvine. We’d be 4. We need a four way tie apparently and we somehow get the second tiebreaker. That’s based on the guy in big west boards who tracks this stuff.

Had we won Thursday and finished in 3way with CSUN and SB, we’d win that tiebreaker. We were 3-1 vs them
  • Zander
    Regarding my earlier frustration with letting the other team take the last shot, I just saw UCLA and SDSU (my other two schools) both lose in the same fashion today back to back by just sitting there waiting for the opponent to make the final shot. (in fairness SDSU was actually tied but the same principle still applied).

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw this actually work out for team playing defense at the end. It's infuriating.
  • BlueGoldAg
    8 minutes into the game and the Aggies have scored 2 points on 1 of 12 for 8%!
  • Toke69
    Fuller is keeping the Ags in the game. I don't know what's worse, the Aggie defense or the camerawork. I suspect the Aggie's morale is a bit down, which might explain the offense. No excuse for the poor defense.
  • movielover
    31-24 at halftime.

Fuller 10, Mooney 8.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags are falling apart...down 15 with 13:21 to play...playing poorly on both ends of the floor...
  • Toke69
    No way is UCR this much better than the Aggies. I hope UC Davis regains their mojo in the tournament next week because they'll likely play Hawaii in the first round and Irvine if they get by the Warriors.
  • Toke69
    Hmmm. Mooney got hot. 57 seconds left and Ags still have a chance. One possession game. Turnabout is fair play.
  • agalum
    Was ready to put on a movie when we were 20 down. But the guys fought back. I think we got burned by two turnovers that should have gone our way. Close, but no enchilada.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies made a nice run to cut it to 3 after being down 19 with 7 minutes to go but it's rare to play poorly for the first 33 minutes and come out with a win. Not sure what Manjon was thinking when he drove the length of the floor when we were down 3 with a few seconds to go and got his layup blocked. We needed a 3 and Mooney was hot...
  • BlueGoldAg
    CSUN beat Hawaii so the Ags are the #5 seed and will play #4 seed Hawaii in the first round of the Big West Tournament.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Les was very frustrated in the post-game interview. Marsh ask him if Manjon driving the length of the floor and getting a layup blocked in the final seconds was in the plan and Les said, "No it was not. He need to understand those situations better." He was particularly unhappy with our defense allowing 52% shooting and said, "You can't give up those kind of numbers on the road and expect to win."
  • Oldbanduhalum
    First time that I can remember having the late game on Thursday. While it seems like Hawaii has it every year. Regardless it should be another close game. Maybe we’ll hit the game winning shot this time
  • BlueGoldAg
    We're overdue with Hawaii...
  • tokyoag
    We better stay hungry! Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    You're absolutely right. This team is not going to overwhelm anyone with their size, and they won't overwhelm anyone with their athleticism. We can overwhelm teams with our shooting, but I've seen too many good shooting teams fall apart in the cavernous Honda Center. So that leaves effort/hunger. Can we make those effort plays that turn a 2 point loss into a victory? And how will our freshman/sophomores handle the tournament pressure. Can't wait!
  • DrMike
    what was frustrating to me (from the boxscore since i wasn't able to watch) was that we 'let' UCR shoot lights out again in the first half and build a big lead -> just like we did at home. Gallant effort down the stretch to make it a game, but they shot 58% from 3 in the first half (compared to our 30%) to get to that 7-point lead.

need to get Manjon a few buckets early. seems like he gets a little frantic at the end in games he has struggled shooting. Gonzalez has been icy from the 3 line, and we need to get him going. Hawaii, followed by Irvine, followed by.....that's a tough stretch for a bid!
  • BlueGoldAg
    We can get hot offensively but we can also go ice cold like we did to start the game at Riverside when we went something like 1-14 to start the game. We had scored 2 points 7 minutes into the game. No one could buy a basket even with good looks and we were throwing up awkward shots and 3 balls that didn't even touch the iron. We've been slumping the last 3 games: collapsing in the final 4 minutes in 2 of them and digging a 20 point second half deficit in the last one. We'll be hungry against Hawaii but we'll need a quick turnaround to our best form or we'll be one and done and have another mediocre season in the books.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!