• Goags20172
    USF vs. CAL. The Bears won 6- 1. It was only their 4th win of the year. Funny coincidence. When I saw CAL before, they had a first baseman named Andrew Vaughn who hit 40- something homeruns in 3 years, but none in any of the games I attended.
    In the game against USC last year even relief pitcher Sean Sullivan homered- but not Vaughn.
    Vaughn was drafted in the first round by the White Sox.

He has been replaced at first this year by freshman Nathan Martorella, and he homered in his first at bat Saturday.

Benedetti Diamond has a few interesting features. It's a great park. You're right on top of the action. The seats attached to metal bleachers surrounded by wooden handrails is one. There is high netting around the entire park. I believe the reason for this is that the field is in a wealthy neighborhood across the street from some very expensive houses. The scoreboard is located on the left field wall. I have never seen that before. There seems to be an unspoken rule that you don't hit to that part of the field. Lastly they have an open- air pressbox right behind home plate...at field level. The PA announcer is really good. He has the voice for pro sports.

I may do one more college baseball road trip this year. Probably Stanford or Fresno State.895djen4tltokfid.jpg

rwf1r61a80btawt0.jpg
    dv5vnqqwdpavzs00.jpg
    riidmcwo1gunu8kl.jpg5akodhhfay09pktt.jpg
    uzqhaj1vm723joxf.jpg
    miw9dr40xa41dedr.jpg
    j5rsxtsbv312axpw.jpg
    w1dn3lirrgo48rtk.jpg
    Attachment
    20200307_122749 (242K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!