• BlueGoldAg
    There are some very scary bugs out there that have nothing effective to fight them with. My son is an epidemiologist/biostatistician who worked for a while with a company that was mapping emerging diseases due to climate change in the world and then advising governments and companies about the risks they presented. Unfortunately, I think the coronavirus is probably the tip of the iceberg of what we may see in the near future.
  • AggieFinn
    What's crazy is that the doctors were just throwing everything they could at the problem to keep Daniel alive, that's an insane fever to be subjected to, and finally the experimentation worked:

Doctors performed multiple surgeries in an attempt to get the infection out. Then he was down to what he was told was his final chance.

“There was a combination of antibiotics that was working, but I was metabolizing it so fast that my body wasn’t giving the antibiotics enough time to do what they were supposed to do,” he said. “So the only solution they came up with was giving me an ungodly amount.”

Attribute being a world class football player and having the health to take all that treatment. I think most of us wouldn't have been so strong.

Glad he's on the mend, and glad him and Ian Williams are talking to players, trainers and equipment managers on the importance of prevention of staph and MRSA.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!