• Goags20172
    I guess that 24- inning win loomed pretty large after all, since the Aggies finished 9- 7, the first winning record since 2015.

Just for fun let's entertain the ridiculous conspiracy that UCD Baseball conspired with North Korea to infect all the wild animals for sale in the Wuhan markets with the virus knowing that American millennials, acting on FOMO (fear of missing out) would go to China and eat from said markets because they don't want to miss out on selfie opportunities. These Americans would contract the virus and bring it back to the U.S, infecting everyone old enough to pay attention to something other than a smartphone and undermining the nation's defenses against a North Korean invasion. Meanwhile everything was timed out with precision so that the NCAA would call off the season at just the right time.

Of course none of this is true. I just made up this story because I'm bored. I hope it was ridiculous enough of a conspiracy theory that no living being would believe it, as was not the case with other American conspiracy theories.

This will have an interesting impact on the roster in 2021. With the 2020 MLB draft dramatically shortened there is very little chance any UCD player is selected. Even though they'd be getting their year of eligibility back I expect that maybe a couple of the seniora may not be back, especially any of the 5th- year variety. They have likely completed or are very close to completing their degrees and in this economic climate wouldn't be too enthused about getting more student loan debt just to play baseball for one last year.

Of course there might be no 2021 season at all. Like all sports baseball players can't pick up their equipment on the first day of the season + just start playing. They have a long practice season in which the coach weeds through 40- 50ish hopefuls to determine the roster, so if gatherings are limited in the fall... Or maybe if there's a big enough financial crisis the team might get the axe to make ends meet.

I'm for a shorter NCAA baseball season going forward. I'd eliminate February and mid- week games. If UCD and Sac State want to play each other let them do it on the weekend when each team will be throwing out its best pitchers, not staging some exhibition of little- used ones I'd like for UCD to actually win one of those games once in awhile. They're becoming a bit of a farce.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!