• CA Forever
    I think that the Aggies mean business. We have no excuse to lose to Dixie State. They are currently ranked similarly to San Diego in most polls and power indexes I can find. It really shouldn't be close especially if the crowd turns out for a home game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    On paper, we should win solidly but, as we all know, TO's, penalties, missed assignments, dropped passes, broken plays and more can give life to an underdog team. We have to play smart, execute and avoid mistakes no matter who we are playing. We have shown that we can do that very well so far this year and I hope that Saturday will be no different.
  • Riveraggie
    Even though San Diego and Dixie may have similar rankings, they don’t have much in common. San Diego has more offense, Dixie is mor physical, and pretty good defensively. We have to make sure we don’t help their offense out with penalties or turnovers. They’ve played against good defensive teams but so far haven’t been able to score in double digits. I think the Aggies are a good defensive team, so if we are smart we’ll make them earn it. I wouldn’t go for it on fourth down on our side of the field either.
  • movielover
    I'm having flashbacks to 2019 when we played Berkeley tough, played North Dakota tough (#1 / #1), came home to play Montana (#18?) with Jake Maier at QB... and we came out flat at game time. They dropped almost 40 points on us in 3 quarters and locked up our run game. Ugh.
  • quadshock
    Yeah and some of these players have never played in front of a home crowd. Hunter even said in his interview that he's never started a game in front of the home crowd before

Hope the excitement doesn't overcome the discipline! At least lock down the win in the first half before having too much fun with it
  • DrMike
    I wonder what’s changed for Dixie since spring? Rang up up yards vs FBS New Mexico State (terrible but FBS) and were tied 29-29 late. Two long TD passes and long run. Played Kennesaw tough with 400 yards of offense. Hope that doesn’t show on Saturday. Coombs and co. seem to game plan well and are really good at in-game adjustments
  • Riveraggie
    Good question.
    Maybe that one initial doesn’t help.
    I think a bad program may have trouble getting 63 quality players, let alone 84.
  • agalum
    As i said earlier, their QB is a real bruiser. When he turns it down field he’s not sliding, he’s running through guys and dragging them. We need to jump on them and get them out of their game plan. Win the toss? Take the ball.
  • CA Forever
    Absolutely, still have to show up to the game ready to play and not take an opponent lightly. Dixie State is going to be hungry for that first win of the season, but I have full confidence in the Aggies. My gut says this one ain't close.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!