• BlueGoldAg
    Bruce Gallaudet wrote a very good article about the growth and success of the Aggie women's basketball program. Of note is that Pele Gianotti broke her collar bone in the Washington State game and just underwent surgery. She is expected to heal up fine within 10 weeks. The Ags will also get a chance for some payback when WSU visits the Pavilion next November.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the women in action in the 2017-18 season.

http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/could-watershed-year-morph-into-powerhouse-aggie-womens-program/
  • 69aggie
    Very impressed with the 3 recruits, especially stoddard. Still think 1 addition of an athletic and quick back court slasher could make us better against LBS and UCSB.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Outstanding! This should be mandatory viewing for all the UCD administrators, faculty and staff about the publicity power of great college athletics.

PA...I think this video deserves its own thread.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Beautiful. Everyone needs to flood this info out there.
  • Zander
    The travesty of this video was that it's been out for weeks, just unlisted on Youtube. (Somebody on reddit found the link.)

ICA had an amazing thing on their hands and it didn't occur to them to make it public, looks like.
  • Bige70
    Great video - I saw Dr. Blue at the Spring Game and evidently, our new chancellor is very supportive of athletics and understands its importance for the overall university's mission. I think things are going to snowball here, folks, I really do. But Hawkins' comments re facilities spread all over campus making it difficult to run a program are spot on - lots of $$ needed to get us where we need to go. No surprise there. Time to get corporate sponsorship and alumni dollars flowing.
  • movielover
    Didn't ICA, the coaches, marketing and the campus post it on Facebook and Twitter???

BTW, I saw where both teams had lunch with Chancellor May and his wife, I think at their campus residence.
  • 69aggie
    We still need a very quick guard to fill out this team.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Morgan Bertsch showed how athletically talented she is as she just broke the school record in the high jump by clearing 5'10". Morgan gets a late start to the track and field season due to the length of the women's basketball season but that doesn't seem to slow her down.

Congrats to Morgan on her record jump!

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/c-track/recaps/042917aaa.html
  • 69aggie
    Being a total Morgan Bertch fan from Sonoma County where she's from I will say that taking her talents from WBB to the high jump is very rare. The high jump (as in all jumping sports) is risky and dangerous. I don't think most college coaches would allow her near a the jumping pit for fear of injury and damage to WBB team. So hats off to Jen Gross and staff for letting Morgan do her thing. She's the total package athlete and super student in biomedical engineering (and damn good looking). For the world record the women's HJ is amoung the longest lasting records in the sport: 6'10 by Stefka Kostadinova of Bulgaria in 1987 at age 22. Stefka: 5'11" 132.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I bet Morgan is eyeballing the 6 foot mark and, with a couple more years of jumping, she just might go higher. The 6'10" world record by a 5'11" tall athlete is truly amazing.

Not to disparage the world record holder but, considering the amount of illegal drug use by the Eastern European countries and, in particularly, Russia, in recent years, it makes me wonder if there was any reliable testing back in 1987? It's a real shame that there has been so much doping in the olympic sports and in professional sports of all kinds.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!