• Goags20172
    I still am in disbelief that the Aggies pulled out the 7- 6 win today. It looked for all the world like Davis would lose it in the 9th with men at 1st and 3rd w/no out but Stone had ice water in his veins apparently, getting a strikeout and two weak fly balls

Some other things that surprised me. Matt Blais struck out the side in the first- two of them swinging ! Usually batters make a lot of hard contact with his pitches but in his last 2 starts that hasn't been the case, but he didn't miss bats against the Gaels like he did today. I have to say he's earned a lot of respect from me for his work as a starter this year. Reliever- not so much.

The Hornets looked like the weaker fielding team today. That's rare against UCD They muffed a tailor- made double- play ball and Alex Dentoni, who is usually nails, hit Thomas and balked in the winning run after Jacob stole 2nd and went to 3rd on a bad throw from the catcher got away.

This may have been lost in the box score, but due to Austin Roberts' short start SAC State was forced to have ace Justin Dillon throw an inning. Somehow someone forgot to tell Caleb Van Blake he was facing the guy who no- hit N.Kentucly because he picked that moment to his first career homerun. He now has 1 more hit against Dillon than all the Norsemen combined. Told you guys the kid has power..haha.

If Fresno State beats the Hornets tomorrow they need to send the Aggies some pizzas as a thank you for wearing out their bullpen.

Surprising too was the Aggies' original rally against Roberts. The Aggies went 9 up 9 down and then he just. lost it in the 4th and he was done. Kid throws hard, at least 91- 93, but he also has control issues. Made Washington State hitters look look like chumps.

Ok, those were the positives. I'll get to the criticisms of the game management later. Aggies win !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!