• Goags20172
    That may well have been the fastest 9- inning college game I've ever attended. Great pitching and defensive effort on both sides. I was more impressed with Blais' effort than Razo's 13- K performance against Utah Valley because he really doesn't have as good of stuff but made exactly the right pitches except for the homerun and the walk . The game might have gone differently if Root had stayed in, but he's a reliever and SAC probably needed him to pitch on the weekend. I wonder if Austin Roberts, last week's starter, is injured or it was just a strategic decision. Probably the latter.

I will say this in the way of criticism. When your offense is getting stifled it is perfectly ok and expected to use pinch hitters, at the very least for a dh who was hitless. Baserunning could have been better. I'm specifically referring to Van Blake getting doubled off second in the 1st. As for Briggs I'd say it would have been difficult for him to avoid the screaming liner Van Blake hit right at him. That's just a freak play. Interesting both games between these teams ended in freak plays

Overall the Aggies need to improve on execution when they have a pitcher on the ropes (not that they did on Tuesday). That is the single biggest thing that hurt them against St. Mary's (next would be the poor bullpen choices) and Northridge. They get a couple runs, then they get complacent.

I've said it many times- the Aggie fan representation at this game was pitiful. I mean , N. Kentucky and Penn State had more fans at "the John". For Thur. games, and they had no local kids to boot By the way, their twitter campaign #fillthejohn- that's just wrong..lol. There was a young woman cheering for the Aggies who had a lot of enthusiasm. Clone her !

For real that"s probably my last game of the season for either team for medical reasons, but hopefully I can avoid the DL next year. I'll keep following them though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!