• fugawe09
    So as of June 30, Sodexo is out at the concessionaire for dining services and the University will operate it in-house. I'm curious how this will work out. The University has a chance to up their game here or allow this to become another bureaucratic cash grab (see TAPS and UC Davis Stores). I worked for Sodexo for a year and they weren't so bad for a student job. Having since experienced other college dining halls, they were better than most but the menu started to all taste the same after a while. Key changes:

• Dining plans for resident halls will be charged on a 5-day or 7-day per week plan, with unlimited access on those days. No more swipes. On one hand, you don't have to feel like you are "wasting" a swipe on just a bowl of cereal. On the other, the freshman 15 could become the freshman 40 if you are waltzing in there 5 times a day. Also seems to shut down the practice of trading DC swipes for beer with those of age.
    • Taco Bell, Carl's Jr, and Pizza Hut are out at the Silo, to be replaced with an expanded LeCrepe, a generic burger joint, and third party food trucks.
    • Gunrock Pub will no longer serve alcohol because Sodexo owned the liquor license. The new management may consider a liquor license in the future.

Sports venue concessions were not mentioned in the article. The menu offerings improved the last year with Sodexo (I think with some nudging from Blue). Hopefully new management can fix the speed of service challenges so it doesn't take half the quarter to get a Pepsi.
  • movielover
    I thought the new MU was going to include a reborn Pub where the old Coffeehouse was located.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I never lived on campus. I was one of those rare upperclassmen who had meal plans all three years (I transferred in the time when no dorm housing was available to non-freshman). I made friends and meet-ups happen by swiping people into the DC in order to hangout and talk. A few times I swiped like 20-30 people into Segundo to get my friends to come with me to Aggie basketball games immediately after. It worked.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!