• 72Aggie
    With the mens basketball win, we lead the current cup standings, 30-5. The Ag website was updated by the time I got home from the game last night, and I live a couple of miles from Golden1.

That's 30 points out of a total of 80. If football, volleyball and basketball were still 10 points instead of 5, we'd be up 45-5 of a total 100.

A women' basketball victory on the 18th would be a nice capper to the calendar year. (And would clinch under the old scoring system.)
  • aggie6thman
    You know it's bad when a scoring system change is the only way you have a chance at winning the Causeway Cup!
  • 72Aggie
    WIth the resounding victory in women's basketball this afternoon, Davis leads the Causeway Cup competition, 30-5, out of a total of 80 points.

Ags swept what used to the the 10 point matches: football, volleyball and both basketball games.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think we actually lead 35-5 after the 5 points we get for the WBB win according to the totals shown in links posted by PA above.
  • 72Aggie
    You are correct. ...and to think someone started this thread noting that the men's earlier basketball win gave the Ags 30 points.

Thanks
  • 72Aggie
    ...and to beat this to death, under the previous scoring system, where football, volleyball and basketball were worth ten points, we would now have 55 points of a possible 100 and would have wrapped this thing up before Christmas.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    They had to tweak something to try and keep it a rivalry! :-}
  • 72Aggie
    I may have been prescient. As of today, the ucdavisaggies.com website has the women's basketball victory and score, but shows the current Causeway Cup points at 30-5. Hopefully by the time anyone checks this out it will have been corrected and I can be accused of fake news, in which event I will enter politics.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahahaha! Hey, fake news is all the rage!!
  • PortlandAggie
    WTEN picked up 5 points with a 4-3 victory yesterday, which I believe brings us to 40 to secure at least a tie
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big gymnastics battle today at 1 pm in the Pavilion between the Ags and the Hornets. The Aggies have been getting really good crowds for their meets and I expect this match will draw an impressive number of fans. Sac is always very tough in gymnastics.

Go Ags!
  • PortlandAggie
    TEAM SCORES - 1. UC Davis, 194.925; 2. Sacramento State, 193.050
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...that's a huge win for the Aggies. Sac is always excellent in gymnastics.
  • 72Aggie
    Davis wins the Causeway Cup and it isn't even February yet. Current score is 42.5-5 with 32.5 points still out there.

(I originally had this as 45-5, but the gymnastics points are split. There is a second gymnastics meet on March 3.)
  • CA Forever
    Ha!! GO AGS!!
  • 72Aggie
    Under the old system, where football, volleyball and basketball were worth 10 points rather than 5, the score would be 62.5-5.

I think this has something to do with the Electoral College.

(I originally had this as 65-5, but the gymnastics points are split. There is a second gymnastics meet on March 3.)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha!! Most definitely the fault of the electoral college!!!
  • 72Aggie
    Slack often does better in winter and spring sports....tennis, gymnastics, baseball and softball, track & field.

To take both women's tennis and gymnastics on back to back days is icing on the cake.
  • PortlandAggie
    5 in a row:

2016-17 CAUSEWAY CUP
    2015-16 CAUSEWAY CUP
    2014-15 CAUSEWAY CUP
    2013-14 CAUSEWAY CUP
    2012-13 CAUSEWAY CUP
  • 72Aggie
    Aggie women defeated Slack in tennis today, 4-3, to bring the cumulative points to 40-5 and guarantees at least a tie in this season's competition. A win or a tie in any of the 10 remaining events gives the cup to the Ags.
  • 72Aggie
    I have no idea where the above message has been lingering in the cyber-void. I hit "send" on the day of the match, 1-28-17. Maybe I should take my Commodore 64 into the shop for some repair work.
  • PortlandAggie
    My bad, 72. It was marked as spam (no idea way) and I approved it without looking at the date. Let me know if you need me to delete it. Thanks for the heads up!

- PA
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha....Commodore 64...I used to play Pong on mine for hours...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Time to upgrade to the TRS-80
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Tandy Radio Shack beauty with a cassette deck for storage! Now that's getting back there.
  • 72Aggie
    Yeah, and you got the nod for posting the score on the day it happened.

Weird that I tried to edit the message as it was posted yesterday, just to save myself from looking any dumber than my kids already think I am, and my attempted edit was blocked as spam. To be honest, most of what I add to this website is probably spam.

Do as you wish, I am not bothered by it being there, and it has started a life of its own.
  • 72Aggie
    Aggie women beat Slack this afternoon, 4-3, in the first of two softball games. Running score is now 45-5 with 30 points still out there. Men's tennis this Saturday and the return softball game next Wednesday.
  • 72Aggie
    Men's tennis picks up five more points with a 5-2 win today. Running score is now 50-5.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The men's tennis victory today wins the Causeway Cup for the Aggies.
  • 72Aggie
    Won it January 29 with a win in gymnastics. It's all sweet icing on the cake from here on out.

Next up, return games/meets in softball on Wednesday and gymnastics on Friday.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!