• Bige70
    Great post @SochorField. It's a bit early to declare that we are "back: I think, but we are clearly headed in the right direction and finally have the university's support. It has been maddening to watch NDSU, SDSU, UND and other teams we competed with regularly in the D2 era leave our program in the dust this past decade. That is changing now, but one week at a time. If we can win this week that will be a very good sign.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice post over on AGS forum, SochorField.

I'll probably chime in over there also. I used to post somewhat regularly on AGS but, as we continued our downward slide in FCS football, I faded away; there just wasn't anything positive to post about. It's a great forum for the most part though and has lot of long time members who are very knowledgeable about FCS football.

NDSU has a good number of fans on the AGS forum who remember the great rivalry we had with the Bison in our D2 glory days. We travel to the Fargodome in 2019 so, hopefully, we'll be able to play a competitive game with them by then. We've got a long way to go but it would be awesome if we continued to improve to the point that the rivalry with the Bison could be rekindled.
  • movielover
    I thought beating PSU was a big victory. The Vikings had a bye week, they were 100 percent healthy, the coach said they were better at every position, and they had battled 2 FBS programs.

To moderate things, we probably had an edge with a new playbook, and Parenteau's first blocked punt was huge.

Another test. The excitement builds.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I have that 2019 trip to Fargo on my radar.....
  • lucche
    Our rivalry with ND has always been pretty good. We were both excellent programs and respected each other in the D2 era. I think most Aggies realize ND has a great football program, and we have always respected them. I would hope we can give them a great game when we meet again. Good fans in ND too.
  • DrMike
    game will be at the later part of September, so weather up there should still be decent. that being said, i'll be taking the U-San Diego trip earlier in that month. San Diego >> Fargo. I doubt i can find post-game margaritas in Fargo, like we enjoy in Old Town!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I hear you on that! Whenever we visit San Diego, Casa Guadalajara is a MUST for my wife and I. I guess I might be changing travel itineraries....
  • DrMike
    our go-to is the plaza area there in front of Casa De Reyes (near Guadalajera) where they have the Mariachi bands and the mobile bar. Cheap, STRONG margaritas. after the SDSU game, the band was playing a mix of traditional Mariachi music and modern 'Gringo' music. Nothing like "Jailhouse Rock" in spanish with an accordian. and we were within walking (staggering) distance to our hotel! guessin' that is NOT a Fargo norm.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Old Town restaurant and bar hopping - we'll have to coordinate in about 23 months.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well the thread over at AGS is still going but it got highjacked big time when a Sam Houston State fan started posting trash about the Big Sky.

Anyway, there is a Big Sky predictions thread every week and so far this week everyone is picking Weber over the Ags by 8-18 points. There will be a lot more predictions coming.

If you like to make predictions, here's the thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?196181-Big-Sky-Predictions-9-23
  • AggieFinn
    Me too. I've got friends in Fargo, we're hooked up.
  • AggieFinn

Cass County Engineering Dept. just confirmed.
  • NCagalum

Some moron from Sam Houston Institute of Technology hijacked that thread.
  • Zander
    If dealing with petty trolls from perennial FCS powers is what being "back" means then I'm not sure I want to be back...
  • SochorField
    I know....from out of nowhere.............oh well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!