• BlueGoldAg
    Good for Ryan. Sounds like he's found his calling and is doing well. The mental part of athletics is huge. I also struggled with the fear of failure as a young athlete many years ago. Of course, many of the "old school" coaches used harsh criticism and intimidation back then which only made things worse.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ryan is doing some very meaningful work:

Excerpt from the article: “The awesome thing is these techniques work anywhere you want to perform better, not just sports,” Sypkens says. “Business, athletes, doesn’t matter what it is — our goal is to not just build great basketball players, but also to build great citizens and give people the tools necessary to become successful.”

A parent makes a comment about Ryan: Great story that is very well written. The Syp's Touch Program has changed my son's life! Thank you.
  • Goags20172
    I've seen that training facility from the outside many times on light rail trips to/from Folsom. It's part of a huge complex with many sports- related buildings. You could easily hold a county fair in the parking lot alone.

All I can say is that, as a parent, to go out to that stretch of Rancho Cordova you've got to really love your kid and believe in their athletic abilities, because that facility.is in the middle of nowhere. RC isn't that big, but you have miles of nothing but businesses that either occupy big warehouses or are just not pretty enough to be located where most people actually shop. Most cities have heavy industrial sections but this one nearly stretches all the way to the next city. I hope there are cafeterias in the training facilities, because if not it's a decent drive to get something to eat, unless you're craving sushi.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!