• Zander
    http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/npsl-announces-fc-davis-as-a-2018-expansion-franchise/

They'll play in the NPSL in a conference with several other semi-pro teams in California. Doesn't sound like they're affiliated with Sacramento Republic, though I'm wondering if Republic goes to MLS that they'll become an affiliate.

The decision to play at Aggie Stadium puzzles me. 10k is an ambitious attendance figure to hit and you'd think they wouldn't want football and lacrosse lines on there. (And of course the existing Aggie teams don't want another set of lines.) I would've started play at the Soccer Field and added bleachers as necessary, but maybe there would be scheduling conflicts or something.
  • movielover
    I hope we get enough in return to make it worth it.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Will this cannibalize our Mens Soccer fanbase or will there be no-effect? It seems like with our international student population increases, Mens Soccer could one day be the #2 team on campus (depending on M/Ws BB).
  • Davisbear
    Doubt that there will be much attendance, I think any soccer fans already go to Sac Republic games.
  • Zander
    Sac Republic games are relatively expensive (they charge MLS prices) and sell out pretty much all the time. I could see a niche for a team with much cheaper tickets that markets to families, group packages for youth teams, etc. 11k is not reasonable but maybe 2k-3k is.
  • aggie6thman
    Many of the players signed by this team are UCD men's soccer alums.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!